Tuesday, April 24, 2012

easter eggs.


 sorry to all my friends for taking a break that long ...for those whom I need to catch up with their recent posts I promise  you will see me very soon ..smiling and commenting on each of them ...please bear with those smiles as it always when you are little guilty you smile more to be SURE ..
  (this post was written two weeks back but dint get time to publish..)
... Its been long ..work n home kept me busy ..sometimes its better to get break from blogging I guess ..there is more stuff to write and discuss then. sometime back we  had Easter holidays..kids were at home for a week..lot of noise and friends around.
my younger son who's five years old was determined to go for Easter hunt next morning ...so my husband got some (toy)eggs and kept them in lawn for kids to hunt and have some fun ..this is the first time we did probably as the kids in school discuss among themselves,,,so jus for the sake of  fun we did...

two eggs among them were different ..they were supposed to be kept in water for hatching ..it would be eight hours for dinosaurs to come out and see them grow...
this was something new to me ...so  my very intelligent hubby ;p took  glass kettle filled with water and he placed it on the kitchen counter for everyone to see the hatching.



..I was little surprised when I got up next morning..little dinosaurs showing up from the eggs,,, phew,, shuck..
can't see those ..I took the kettle and kept it on the side table in the family room ..but soon it came back to kitchen.
but its kinda amazing thing.. to make toys looks real...
we took them out next day from the kettle..boys were very happy ..Cody (orange) Sparky (green) names given to them  ..they were blessed ones to come out of those huge eggs... ..
I touched and felt like something slippery and wet ..


but what is this ...with time they are too small ..all water evaporated from giant size they are miniatures now...

 

 ... sometimes its fun to be a kid again :)

20 comments:

Thinking said...

hmm...well...its good that they didn't gave dinosoure mother with the toys to hatch the eggs...lol...

Missed you...hope to read you more often now.

Renu said...

wow.what fun for kids..

Bikram said...

he he he This is funny , you know my sister came from australia a few years back to visit me and she brought one of these for me :) but mine was different it was not a egg it was in a tube you put some water and some stuff and it grew .. I still have it on my mantle piece

Kids these days have so much to play with :)

Bikram's

Jack said...

Harman,

Nice to see you back. Someone has really come out with this fantastic idea for children to have fun, including parents of course. These look so cute.

Take care

Akila said...

ha ha.. raelly funny.. loved ur writeup...

first time here and love your space.. when u get time do visit mine...


Dish Name Starts With L
Learning-to-cook
Regards,
Akila

Kavita Saharia said...

Me and my son enjoyed looking at the tiny dinos coming out of the eggs .Really interesting.

Arooj said...

believe me ..at very first sight the pics looked somehow scary...:-)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking ..lol
a gr8 idea can be suggested to toy companies ... wud be fun!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@renu..
yep..makes sense ,,, but little creepy :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bicky ..lol
"yeh angrez log da dimaag zyada chalta hai "

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@jack
thanks uncle,,
they r cute and some fun for parents too,,

hamaarethoughts.com said...

torview... :)
thanks

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@akila..
:) thanks.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kavita,,,
thanks..I wish I cud send them some ..its fun for kids..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@arooj,,
lol
scary ,smelly , creepy
BUT cute.

Rolling Stone said...

must be great fun for kids...i liked it.

Haddock said...

We all are kids at heart aren't we?
And those who exhibit it without any shame are the most blessed in this world.

Chakoli said...

hahaha...

actually without reading when I saw those pics... I actually thot u got a dinasaur egg and now they are coming out of tehre shell :))

nice read althou :)

Rahul Bhatia said...

That was a really fun read, Harman:)

Shilpa Garg said...

Am sure this egg hunting and hatching was great fun! We had got a similar egg for our kid sometime back, and it was simply amazing and fun to see the egg hatch. Whenever we would pass it, we all stopped by to watch its progress. Amazing toys our kids have now-a-days!