Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Name brands.

..I am sometimes surprised by these name brands and quality they sell.... its like fainting after hearing the price..
I can write a book on those experiences and people who are crazy after these name brands .. they would click picture on these signatures styles .. ..BUT end of the day quality and only quality matters..
.... I have a denim from Mango ..(European brand) .. cost me a fortune unlike other brands ..I tried at the store the fit was perfect .. but a little itchy fabric ..I thought its new after one wash it will be smooth .. so now after several washes its still same ... that itch is still there,,
Did I pay heavily for that itch?
 A cousin of us who generally believes is living life king size came from Delhi to US for vacation.. I looked at her denims ..nice fit "A name brand ".. and very expensive ..Sitting on my light brown couch I could not understand as my couch turned blue when she got up..?? ..I told her something is wrong maybe with purse or jeans ..the navy blue colored jeans had been showing its true colors even before it was washed ;D ..she was upset she paid some three hundred ($$$)bucks for this designer ..name brand
"yes it was worth the price  .. showing up its true colors".
 Coach purses are a rage in US every-other lady carrying fake or real.. but has to be coach ..even if there is no money to put in that coach purse,, its like to be leading herd of sheep..
... 
.. yesterday ..shopping at this high end mall I picked up a top in white ..some designer ..with a heavy price tag ..I thought ok lets try it looks good.. but they were closing in 10 mins when I tried it at home ..such weird fitting with a pregnant look ..did I pay for that?

old navy pants which everyone praises for its quality I got one still sitting in my closet ..has absolutely no shape Hopeless!! Its like pajama shape  without drawstring.

...$10 white dress shirt from kmart which I wear till date at work .. has a good fit ..  no name brand.. easy n comfortable.. 
do we really need to show these name brands? or is it the comfort that matters first...

12 comments:

Renu said...

some times brands are just a show off, nothing more.if one has to prove financial status, they are a tool for that.

Jack said...

Harman,

I agree with you that people go for BRAND name just to show off. It is quality and utility we must look for. Not that all branded things are bad but as we know that once it sells, little laziness creeps in.

Take care

Irfanuddin said...

i think more than anything its the human psychology that goes in search of those BRANDS, otherwise its the comfort n only comfort that matters, no matters it is branded or not......

Uma said...

Not all brands are bad.. But definitely I havent bought any 300$ worth..
Btw, did your sofa survive the blue color?

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Yes I agree ..its like building up a market for other s loyalty towards this brand ,,,jus becuz your friend brought it..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes not all are bad its quality that should matter.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes .. it can be branded or NO BRANDS jus comfort level..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes sofa survived ..with help of fabric cleaner and some color safe bleach .. otherwise ..my thousand $$ was ruined by three hundred $$ ..:P
yes not all brands are bad but my experience was not good with them.

Bikram said...

well thats why they say all that glitters is not gold harman..

I buy what I a confortable with , brands have never ever sucked me in .. although I must say that I recently bought some levis jeans , they are expensive then normal ones but they fit so beautifully ..

Bikram's

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes levis fit is exceptionally good..its has comfort and fits so well..
I love that brand,, but brands like raphl lauren .. was too weird..
so I ended up now just sticking to comfort.. n nothing else.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes levis fit is exceptionally good..its has comfort and fits so well..
I love that brand,, but brands like raphl lauren .. was too weird..
so I ended up now just sticking to comfort.. n nothing else.

Haddock said...

Some are just taken in by the brand or rather "you should always buy branded things"
I just don't understand the logic behind it, every branded item does not guarantee good quality, so why the craze?