Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks giving AND Black friday sales

thanks giving is always fun and full of turkeys wherever you go..I pity the poor bird when officially used to celebrate it baking  for hours.. But then its always the nature has to be balanced .. otherwise it would be an explosion..
I may sound Americanized here but anything which brings happiness and families together there is no harm in celebrating that,I love thanks -giving and I celebrate every year.. Thanks giving reminds me of baisakhi in Punjab which is celebrated in the same way ...
..last night it was fun .. dinner with the relatives from Toronto..Big huge turkey ..with all side dishes and then PUNJABI food later on ..we Punjabis are like that would mix our stuff for sure.. and then midnight shopping ..this year all the major stores opened their door during mid-night .. DEALS DEALS DEALS..
I had marked my exclusive items and the stores to be shopped ..without wasting single penny here n there and jus hitting on bulls eye ...
so like a determined Beaver I landed early morning ..and picked up shoes ..knee length (leather) ..Wow!jus 20 bucks from $50 ... another pair ..from $180 to 70 bucks
another shot .. it was Guess jacket ... a steal deal ..from $200 to $80 .. wow!
..ok now I was moving aimlessly here n there but then I saw  Ralph Lauren ..sweat shirt for my dear hubby on deal .. it was from $180 to $50..super!!!grabbed it ..those who are wondering which store it is ,,,so my lovelies its MACY ..which gave some break to their customers.. those of you who love COACH ..they had  put on clearance for jus $193 from $258 ..But I dint buy cuz its still expensive and it was canvas purse .. whole damn world is carrying same kind ,, so jus left it..
these deals are available till tomorrow ..(if the good stuff is still there)..but its fun shopping in early hours ..
..hope all my friends from north America had great time
happy thanks giving
:)
...

11 comments:

Renu said...

happy Thanks giving...I was surprised there to see long queues starting from midnight in front of the stores.in such cold weather..My family also went for some steal deals:), I stayed at home to make breakfast for them:)

Irfanuddin said...

happy thanks giving :)

Jack said...

Harman,

Nice that you had a good time as well as good bargains too.

Take care

hamaarethoughts.com said...

:) hard work pays!
lol
it was good you were at home!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

happy thanks giving ..
stay blessed!

hamaarethoughts.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bikram said...

Happy thanks giving harman .. hope you had a good day

Bikram's

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Happy Thanks Giving! God bless :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

thanks ..yes had good deals!

Alka Gurha said...

Hope you had fun...love the blogger profile pic.

:)

Haddock said...

anything which brings happiness and families together there is no harm in celebrating that,..... this reminds me of the saying, surround yourself with happy people, grouches will only pull you down. Something that I believe in :-)