Tuesday, December 5, 2017

..health is wealth ....

..my life with gym and workouts have given me an active life style ..but taken an xtra time is devoted to GYM
Health have always been a top priority ..I have been exercising for years now but not strictly following the gym routine but now ..an hour every day .. Burst training to weights .. toning myself ..
Motivation is a factor .. where do we get the drive to go for those strnenous exercises ?
..one cannot be motivated  unless  he or she is in the show business .. my case I'm associated with fashion industry but thats not the drive... my thing was blood work or physical exam ..shows your well being and what needs to be improved... in my case where my levels were going on higher side .. I thought not only to get rid of extra five pounds but keep myself away from any pills for future..trust me its very hard to get into form and loose like twenty pounds ..cut down on carbs and no sugar .. wheat is considered culprit to increase weight and form wheat belly ..
I took time to go through health journals and following healthy diet .. which was salad a day one big meal of salad with proteins ..
switching to complex carbs and bye bye to wheat ... no sugar (  never had sugar craving) switch to black coffee or tea .. so then what was a sub to wheat?
I switched to a mix of bajra, jowar, besan and soya .. ate one "Roti"..which is very filling ..
breakfast no bread bagels or waffles .. sub was again pancakes made with gram flour and fresh yogurt ..
and egg white..
dinner I usually eat lot of salad before meal and then indulge to home made lentil or veggie .. or baked chicken
... The whole thing takes time to adjust for body .. but not only that it gives you different prospective ..we as punjabis have food culture at home .. home made .. and one cannot ignore or get away with a result you have to indulge .. so basically you have to make your own choice .. best for weight and health ...
Vacations are another part where you have to see whats available ..a healthy option apart from salads ..well there is baked chicken or fish with salad.. rest all is very high carb food..
its annoying at times ..why am I doing that?? am I suffering from some disease ??No..its to avoid any disease .. .. plus its a healthy choice... for how long?
well .. I do take a slice of bread at times .. if ever I really want not depriving myself
.. the bottom line is .. life does not give you everything a little sacrifice for well being is worth million dollars later spending in clinics or health center.
..Yes people do ask me how did you do it? my tips below
I m healthier ,happier and much lighter..
health is weath end of the day..
TIPS
SWITCH TO COMPLEX CARBS
no wheat or white stuff ...
more of bran ,salad , Indian food has variety of flour
I use mix of jowar , Bajra , besan I m a non-vegetarian so I have cut down on soya.. to make my dough ..

* NO SUGAR FOR LIFE
no sugar in any drinks , substitute with stevia initially and then no sugar at all
cravings?
take a very small bite ..if you have
if you stop taking sugar .. its like you never go back .. body rejects

* EXERCISE
Gym 50 mins four days a week ..
if you skip gym then walk for 50 mins
Burst training ..running on tread mill for a 2 minutes at high speed as per your capacity and take a break for 30 seconds ..keeping an eye on the heart rate
Weight training toning up.
stretches and bench exercises for flexibility
SALADS
*A big portion of salad once a day..intially to loose weight accompanied any baked chicken or fish ..or stir fried veggies
*WATER
lots of water .. keep it on the night stand..
SLEEP
* lots of good sleep at night
BALANCE YOUR MEALS
*if one meal is heavy or includes unwanted stuff .. balance other meal with veggies or salads
or baked dishes ..avoid cream based stuff..
..it takes 7to 8 months to reduce 20 pounds ..
and maintaining its like a lifestyle forever

3 comments:

Haddock said...

That is a good workout schedule that you have given.
I am going to take that advice of avoiding wheat seriously.
Yesterday I walked 12.7 kms around Chicago Downtown, the windy city.

ashok said...

Good read

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Thanks ..
@haddock hope it works..
Chicago is an awesome place.. lots of good eating places..
best downtown till date..
quitting wheat is like fit forever,,
:)
@ Ashok
thanks :)