Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jagjit Singh R.I.P



Jagjit Singh..RIP
He is no more..A great Voice..left us forever!
Last week I came to know he is admitted to hospital...he was in Critical condition ..on ventilator...
yesterday Morning I came to know...Jagjit Singh is no more ...
We as a family loved each and every Ghazal ..he sang..
I remember I was in college and any new  Album of him that was released ...went out of stock ..in a Day I always ended Up thinking why I am the last one ..never on time??
A great Maestro ...A very humble person and ...A great Artist of all times...
We as Indians in US always wanted to be part of  his concerts  ..and his fablous singing..

He did refuse to associate himself with Bollywood’s gaudier productions:He always said “I don’t like films with four dances, two or three fights and two sex scenes. If somebody comes to me, I’ll have to check the song. Firstly, the lyrics have to be dignified. That means no vulgar N double meanings words, Then the melody should fit my image.... I cannot sing just any nonsense.”

He put greater emphasis on melody and used Western instruments such as saxophones and guitars alongside Indian classical instruments, such as the tablaa and sitar, while sacrificing none of the emotional impact of the poetry. Audiences have regularly been moved to tears, for example, by Singh’s expressive Chithhi na koyi sandesh, dedicated to Vivek, his only child who died in a car accident in 1990 at the age of 19: 
(“No letters or any news. Who knows where you have gone, breaking this heart...”)
If I start numbering his best albums..it would take me to write many posts and publish them....there are many Ghazals which I like..Surreal!
punjabi Songs I loved when ever I heard them..Shiv Kumar Batalvi 's poetry he has expressed very well in his Ghazals..
Another Genius Gone !! May be God wants some jewels up there in heaven too
I was in tears ..listening to this Ghazal!!(Shiv Kumar Batalvi)

23 comments:

Amrit said...

I felt very sad. His voice is the best.

Kavita Saharia said...

RIP.I am a big fan of both Jagjit and Chitra Singh.Grew up listening to his brilliant music.A great loss.

Unknown said...

वे आज हमारे बीच नहीं पर उनकी आवाज सदियों तक फिजाओं में गूंजती रहेगी ,ग़ज़ल को आज भी जगजीत सिंह के नाम से ही जाना जाता है और आने वाली पीढियां उन्ही के नाम सी जाने गी
http://jeetrohann1.blogspot.com/

Irfanuddin said...

He made the Ghazals popular without compromising the language and the content.....Its a big loss for every one who likes to listen Ghazals.

Renu said...

He was really a great singer..I loved so many of his ghazals..one you have mentioned..then all in Aitbaar, Arth, and then...hotho ko chho kar..they are countless.

Rachna said...

Loved his songs. Rest in peace.

Bikram said...

SO very true harman.. he was the best . I have grown up listening ot his gazals all through...

May he rest in peace

Bikram's

Mishilicious Mishi said...

you know what I was thinking to write a post on him too..he is one of my most fav ones....Gosh I remember how i have grown up listening to his sweet ghazals..I pray for his family that they be strong enough to bear such a huge Loss...ameen.

May he rest in peace.ameen.

Thinking said...

hmmm....I liked his ghazals and songs too....great singer...

Urmi said...

Jagjit Singh was a great singer and was one of my favourite. He had a great voice and I listened to his gazals from my childhood. May His soul rest in peace.

kiran sawhney said...

Oh it is so sad. I have watched his live shows and in past written posts about it.
He was amazing.
Great post.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A..its SAD..
all good singers ..go early!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kavita..
I know...most of his poetries and Ghazals were very Real!
Another Guy is Gulzar I like!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@malkit singh
YES agree...
he was a soulful singer.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@irfan..
Truly big loss!... there is none like him ..no ..Relatives or any son to sing like him...
Wish somebody was there.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@renu..
Yes Aitbaar was specially with ..so many nice ghazals ..
and"tum jo itna muskura rahi ho"Arth
so many.............. hard to mention one!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@rachna
yes..God bless him!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bikram..yes..very true!
you know his few Ghazals are so touching ....it points out real life situations.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Mish
yep.I know ...he sang some good Ghazals for all of us to hear and understand!every age loved him!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking...yes...truly great singer!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kiran
I am sure you must have heard him ...kiran
he had concerts all over the world...and People were glued to their chairs ..such a charisma in the voice.

Writing Buddha said...

Everyday I hear either Chitthi na koi sandesh or Hoshwaalon ko khabar kya... It already made me cry but now as Jagjit sir is no more, it makes me cry more.

डॉ. मोनिका शर्मा said...

Unki kami hamesha khalegi..... Naman