Thursday, January 21, 2010

true story ..(chapter II)


...The next week.. there was a knock at the door..Mrs Anand opened the door...she saw ..taaro
Taaro...this is my maa and baba.(mom and dad)
Mrs anand... smiled and greeted them ...
taaro's(father).. my daughter said you can send her to school and give her a better living ,I wanted to know what kind of help you can give us???
Mrs Anand ... Well ,I can help her by keeping her with me and sending her to school, promise to give a better future like other kids and eventually getting her married to a good family.....
Taaro's (father)... ok.. but you can give us monthly allowance and we can do same for her...
(may be taaro's dad was looking for easy money)....to Mrs Anand he sounded a greedy...Man
Mrs Anand.. she will stay with me and I will look after her... you can look after the other kids at home and try to give them better future..
Taaro's( father)..What will I get in return??? and we don't trust you for our daughter..
Mrs Anand..are you selling your daughter!!! and my only interest is to help the kid looking at her she said..as for trust is concerned..you can come and meet her everyday and ask her well being ,but she will not go to slums again... if you agree on this,fine otherwise you can go back ..
Taaro's (father.)..everybody makes promises,but kids end up working at home for domestic help.. and get nothing else other then food or clothes..
Mrs Anand...I have a maid at home , and my kids are married ..my only interest is.. to help your daughter,like my own kid..as its pathetic .. to see her collecting trash and one day she might fall in wrong hands .. ..
Taaro's (mother)... said something in bengali.. to her father and taaro started telling her father she wanted to stay with Mrs Anand and cannot collect trash everyday...
Taaro's father ... ok, we will watch her for few days ,but if she is not happy and wants to come back, we will take her .... from here at once...
Mrs Anand....Sure, you can ,any time ,as she is your kid..you have the right to do that...
.... Taaro... I will stay here today and looking at her mother she said.. can you bring my belongings tomorrow ???
Mrs Anand.. we will provide you everything ... and you will stay here... from now...onwards
.....So... Taaro was excited and came inside the house.... Mrs Anand closed the door...
..Mrs Anand ... showed her the room, her closet ..her washroom... taaro who had never seen luxury of life was astonished to see how people live..and then Mrs Anand gave her some fresh clothes ... later followed by a dinner....probably ,first time in her life she ate properly...
(I would like to mention here that their was lot of opposition by Mrs Anand's kids for keeping this gurl... but later everyone agreed and accepted her....)
...Taaro was a very affectionate child,though she lived in slums but her family values were good.. she was initially little hesitant in her approach ,to every thing ...with lack of confidence.. but had an urge to learn ...
Mrs Anand for few months focused on her minutely at every single detail...from..her talking to walking...dressing up...took her to best of the places and restaurants...taaro who never took a ride in a car was always excited with her new living.....then Mrs Anand kept a private tutor at home before sending her to school...she wanted her to face the school atmosphere with confidence....in between taaro's mom visited her everyday to make sure she is in safe hands.....
Taaro was introduced to everyone as her own daughter ... within six months..... Mrs Anands family ,her sons and daughters ...liked Taaro as their kid sister....
My mom once asked Mrs Anand when she narrated the whole story .. what was the real motive..behind all this???
she said.. the emptiness in her life was filled by this child ... she was her sunshine ..
...Taaro was then enrolled in one of the best schools of mumbai...
as..SHEETAL ANAND.... daughter of MR and Mrs Anand...(yes she was legally adopted...)
.... what happened after that???
(will continue in nxt blog)






8 comments:

Bikram said...

Kudos to Mrs Anand .. thats what we need in todays society.. each one helps ONE.. and soon the society will be a better place to live in.. I am not going to guess what next .. But i would wish that if this is a True story TAARO goes on to become well educated and a celebrity doing something for other kids in the Slum...

Dharmjit said...

i think i was on the right path, the gurl will be famous in coming future
but u r testing our patience as extending it to 3r post.

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Great! I want to meet Mrs Anand and the girl!
I love such people who does something for the society!
BTW my life is also filled with emptiness now what should i fill it with ?
no kidding am damn serious.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

please be patient...I will publish the last part very soon ... since this is a long story and it has been yrs now since I left mumbai...I have to call my mom and ask her ... from india ..so it takes little time but soon you will know rest of the story...

Bikram...This is a true story ..every word..yes..we need to learn form this..Message is very clear... Each one teach one!!!

Dharmjit... yes..ur thought was good!!!

Raj..... emptiness in life... help..someone in need if u can.. a small help can be a future for other person...

BK Chowla, said...

I am surprised that still people like the Anands exist

Unknown said...

You write really well!
I m kinda diverting from your point of the each one teach one!
but still i m already following ur posts!

it wud be better if u take a lil time on punctuation 'tll make easier to follow!!
just an idea!
sry if u didn't like it!

zeenusingh said...

I kinda love this whole story,its more like a movie..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

thanks,rany.I will try to improve my punctuation,sometimes there are mistakes due to lack of time ,but so vry nice of u to lemme knoe abt that.. in future I will keep it in mind and go slow..