Sunday, January 24, 2010

True story..(chapter III)


Sheetal Anand ...was now in one of the best schools in town... she came out as a bright kid ..meanwhile mrs Anand took care of sheetal as her daughter and she addressed Mrs anand as her mom ...
Days and years passed by... sheetal grew up as a beautiful gurl ... Was now in college...

I met Sheetal when she was in Sophia college in mumbai... She was very fair ,long hair.. expectional long hair ... sharp features ..tall gurl ,may be 5'7 ... in height ..when I met her,she was older to me so I called her Sheetal Di..(elder sister),to me she was just mrs Anands daughter..(moms friend)I didn't know her background .. may be mom also didn't know she was an adopted kid.
..
Sheetal was just like us..polished ..well groomed and good looks to support everything.. very fluent in English ... spoke Punjabi and Hindi too... I met her couple of times ... during those days ..they were getting lot of proposals for sheetal's marriage ... ..
....I asked my mom how did Mrs anand tell her about sheetal's background???
mom said.. She once pointed out ..to Mrs Anand..that sheetal was an exceptional child in their family .. prettiest of all their kids.. and her features were different then her brothers and sisters...
Mrs anand ..smiled ..and said I will tell you ..but promise me not to tell anyone ... ...then she narrated the whole story...
And my mom told me the whole story when we left mumbai ...after few yrs... in ludhiana...
..
.After we left mumbai we had no contact with Mrs anand... then once in ..1995 we had some work in mumbai ..so we were there.. mom talked to Mrs Anand over the phone ...
Sheetal was married to an Aeronautical engineer in California (USA) ... in a well off family ...the family she got married they told the boy about Sheetal ..and he accepted her... without any hesitation ..to him she was just Mr and Mrs anands daughter....
..She was happy after her marriage ..and came to India ...for wedding ..during those days ..talking of 1995....

when my mom told me this story I was in University and was at home in vacations.....I literally had goosebumps when I heard the story......

I have no clue about Mrs Anand or sheetal after that...as I came to USA ,but this story is very special to me and usually I get emotional when I think about it...I told my hubby this story before writing a blog... he was stunned ..kept his cup of tea on the table and wanted to hear the whole story... before taking a sip...
I did try to locate Mr anand on net from indian serials ..but list of old artists are not there.....Sheetal might be on face book ..but I dont know her last name as she is married now ..and last name tend to change for gurls after marriage..so no clue again...
....

bikraam... Sheetal ..might have helped slums..
but I have no clue again

Dharmjit..
...sheetal ..is a winner all the way... kept up the name of anands.. studying and getting married in a dignified way...

Mr chowla..Sir.. Sheetal Anand is there in this world somewhere ,living her life happily ..just because of..Mrs Anand..(the great women)

Raj..one noble deed becomes a moral to others..it needs encouragement and support..


To Mrs. Anand I would say..."One life..But well spent"...

..moral support of her husband and family.."Hats off to that "

10 comments:

zeenusingh said...

I am surprised ,Mrs anand kept her word and sheetal was raised like her own daughter..thanks to u for telling us such a lovely story .. very few people make a difference ,Mrs anand was one among them and Sheetal(the name is so good) also was an obedient kid and kept the name of "anands"
I am sure in future we will read more good blogs and you will have some more real life incidents to share with us
Thanks..once again..

Unknown said...

Wow!!
now that was sum really caching story!!
u keep craving for next chapter!!
man, u r good at it!!
u should have gone slow yaaa!!

Dharmjit said...

very very heart touching story and i salute to mrs anand and i am glad that people are still there who thinks of people living in slums.
the slum people were born with this poverty in that they had no fault and they also had the right to enjoy life as we people and we should help them in any way we can as we all are here for a cause.
and also my best wishes to sheetal for the future she didnt even know that how famous she was now.her story was inspirations to many and perhaps she was the luckiest and many aren't as her.

Bikram said...

HATS OFF To Mrs ANAND.. Wow well done , makes you proud to be indian when fellow country humans do such great work.
And Sheetal All the best.
Harman its such things which make our country the country it is, THE BEST...

Wish each one , Helps One.. just imagine where we will be.. Just hope all who read this story get some inspiration..

Well done Harman and thanks for sharing this story with us.. its given goosebumps to me , cause like others i did not think it would be success.. I hope you get in contact with Sheetal

BK Chowla, said...

I hope those who have been helped remain grateful to Mrs Anand.

Shady West Side said...

Wonderful story Harman....Hope we have more people like Mrs Anand around us!!


Shahid

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

I would say if ever I met Mrs Anand I will seek her blessings.!

She is great!

Monty said...

People like Mrs Anand are very few but.. these are the people who make a difference .

aayanman said...

Hi first time on your blog....touching story indeed I read all the 3 parts. The world still functions because of such people..guess hope floats...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

thanks to all of u who read the story ... common lets try and do one good deed in this life and make it a fruitful living...
God Bless!!!