Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Flowers!


.Flowers....something I am in love with..I always dream t of opening a nursery of plants and flowers... most of the pocket money was spent in buying flowers or fresh green indoor plants ..it was a passion though expensive one!! ....

Roses are the favorites ..coming to US I was surprised to see quality and colors of specially roses..spending hrs in grocery stores near the floral section and admiring them...my hubby bringing fresh roses ... a delight ....then came Carnations ..beautiful colors and texture...in flowers...
.
.Holland I visited near Michigan to see tulip festival...farms full of various colors of tulips.. I felt like "Alice in wonderland"

In India my favorites were Chrysanthemums ..usually seen in winter season...our school garden was full of them ..huge big spongy flowers ..with lot of colors..white looks divine in them....
Cosmos ..another one ,its like a giraffe flower ..long neck and parallel flowers on the neck...Purple looks awesome in those kind!
..I had been to Tennessee for vacation last yr at smokey mountains..I was surprised to see wild flowers on the valley and hills ..purple ,yellow and baby pink..like decorated valleys and lush green trees surrounded by them..A MUST SEE!!

Every flower has a meaning and history behind it..where it came from?,but flowers are used for different moods and occasions...People who don't like flowers I personally feel are very dry in nature!!

Summers are here ..yesterday driving across I could see the whole street in pink and white floral trees decorated by the city .... dreamy kinda atmosphere created on streets...
Downtown baskets of all kinds of flowers are hung on the corners ..so very fresh look has been given by every city..to make it beautiful..




.NO wonder summer is HERE!( in spite of the chill)






10 comments:

Uma said...

Harman, i havent met anyone who doesnt like flowers..
even a drive here is scenic in summer.
btw, nice profile pic

Unknown said...

great idea open nursery,
so that , you are fighting against global warming


all the best
take care
have a great week end
http://smsjar.blogspot.com/

Nisha said...

Lovely thoughts with beautiful pictures.

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Very beautiful :)

Gaurav said...

I love flowers too. Nice post.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@UMA..thanks..ya.. flowers r liked by most of the people but ..few samples r also there!!

@KNK..thanks I like the idea of global warming :)

@Nisha ..thanks I am honored..

@RAJ..thanks..

@gaurav..thanks..appreciate it!

DiDo said...

Honestly speaking... i m not much fond of flowers....its not like i hate them or anything...

But on the contrary i love taking pictures of flowers :P ...they come out really nice...loved the ones u've put up on ur blog... and like the way u show ur love for flowers...!!!

but hey i love Carnationss.... :)

Anonymous said...

hey,me like flower too.
why no blogs? where r u? ..common we r missing ur writings.

Bikram said...

I love flowers,, my hobby is gardening so Summers are coming and FLOWER time in the small garden that i have ....

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@dido ..thanks... flowers bring smile on everyones face... pictures or flowers in real..

@anonymous.. well ..lemme know ur Id and I will for "SURE" ..then talk to u..

@bikram ..yup..Gardens look beautiful with fresh blooms ..n thanks.