Sunday, April 25, 2010

hillarious


.....yesterday I was at a store to get some Towels..
usually I like white crisp towels..running out of time ..my hubby decided to sit in the car while I grab some White towels ...
Walmart a huge super store..twenty four hours ..I ran but couldn't find one..and bumped against a sales rep..I asked her..
where do you have Towels here?
sales rep..whats that?
I said ..To-wels where are they?
she smiled ..couldn't get u..
I changed my slang...Ta-Wols
she said..what r they ?
looking at her seriously I said ..a fabric or cloth used for drying after shower..
she said ..I don't know..
I explained her using different kinda slangs..but was unable to understand..(why this happens with me only I thought..)
I got annoyed ..and said "Forget it"..
looking at the bath section around..
I found them..n..checked out...
my hubby waiting in the parking lot..asked ..what took you so long?
I told him the whole story...he asked ..was this girl a blond???
I said "yes"but how did u know?
...he said ..no wonder..why jokes are written only on them!
:)

13 comments:

Uma said...

day by day ur posts are getting more and more interesting to read..
nice post Harman..

Gaurav said...

hehe...

btw, what do blonds call towels?

BK Chowla, said...

Blonds, are they really such dumb girls?

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahaha,

what a smart husband.

SathyaSridhar said...

Harman,, how they call towels?.. its soo difficult to manage different slang using persons..

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Very funny!!!

Bikram said...

lai.. you should have asked "TOLIYE KITHE NE KUDIYE".. I bet she would have understood it ... ha hahahaha

but hey as gaurav asked .. next time make sure you enquire what do BLondes call a TOWEL :) and that too white ones..

You never know different colors differnt words .. after all BLOND's ha ha ha

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ bikram..ha ha haaaa. I cant stop laughing at ur comment...I bet ..she will definitely understand p'jabi....ha haaaa..white color towels .me be diff for blonds..

Haddock said...

Sign language may have helped here.

Krishna said...

Very interesting,
And also very amazing if this is true...

Anonymous said...

I guess we're no better then blondes - you see 'blond' is the color but the stereotype given to a girl is actually 'blonde' - ha ha no one got that right :))

Dharmjit said...

hi....
omg so much trouble for getting a single towel bikram had said right u should have use punjabi .

Anonymous said...

incredibly funny :) so that this does not happen to me (though I wouldn't mind talking to the blonde) I searched for the pronunciation on the net (click on the speaker icon) http://www.thefreedictionary.com/towel