Sunday, November 7, 2010

"face in the crowd"

...Its been crazy week..first of all ..."happy Diwali to all of you" and hope all of you had lots of fun with family and friends...
we had a diwali party at of our friends place...which was fun with food and friends ...all over US and Canada.....with individual performances by some of our friends..so much energy and liveliness I was in fact surprised ...after work..how is this possible??...it was friday night(tgif) but everyone geared up....

    (this is not ashika)
Now the interesting part....this was a gathering of almost hundred people.. at the party...I could see lot of unknown faces ...but then there was dramtic entry of this pretty young girl which made heads turn...I was standing at the entrance ..talking to someone ..as she said " Hi" to me I smiled .. I could see Ajay one of family friends son accompanying her followed by our friend raj who came with them...she introduced me "Ashika" from Toronto med-school student ..Ajay's girlfriend..I looked at ajay who was giving a naughty smile to everyone :)
and to describe the gurl..she might be twenty years or so..as ajay is in med-school too.."Ashika"very fair in complexion..chiseled look...with petite structure..wearing  black dress with silver accessories .".jus out of bollywood "(very close to the picture above) ...I could see everyone smiling when she was introduced by Raj....I mean raj is a great mom :)who supportingly introduced her to everyone...and ajay following her....looked like a scene of indian movie "Bobby"...(Sweet)
Ajay and ashika were together all the time....all other teenagers were jealous of ajay ..it seems..he was spending time with this beautiful companion and nothing else mattered for him...
anyways the girl disappeared with ajay after sometime......may be they wanted some space and time for themselves..
the party was getting better..I met raj ..who was talking to some other ladies..saying..".times have changed..and kids will like to bring their friends for company to parties(hmm ...I thought trying to justify raj?)and I dont mind seriously ...(I thought ..dont you dare too...you have no choice)and we are not living in a village where people gossip for small little things..raj said!!.( I thought..Raj whom are you fooling? we are still indian by all means)but I kept smiling Sayin sure!! she looked at me ...reading my thoughts...hey harman dont you agree with my opinion? I said ..its ok...but what if your daughter brings a bf  for company to one of the parties?she said Oh!! amrita has a whole bunch of friends here in MI..its only ajay who has few friends!..oh yes I said yea!!(luck boy ajay)!(I generally don't argue in a gatherings..).
.one of the couple started dancing ..on one peppy number...I smiled at the funny moves they made....so to controll my laughter I went upstairs ...( the party was at lower level)...I could see ashika and ajay sitting together and smiling....pretending not to see anything I took some sparkling water and came downstairs!!!
..it was an open dance..and  went all night ...
they took out harmonium and sat on floor now .... kinda of "mehfil"and everyone took out their slips, those who wanted to sing and participate.....I thought at one am what kinda new programme they are starting..now
....as dinner was served after midnight and it was long day to sit after one am though I would love to  ...hear all nice people who had specially prepared themselves for this night and their choice of ghazal and shiyari..but with little kids. and my hubby who came from toronto after five hours drive it was very hectic....so we left ...I could see most of the people leaving with little kids..
Mom n dad came at four am and told us it was very nice ...everyone sang and only senior citizen were sitting till four am..all young crowd left ..they were tired... but  it seems"Old  is Gold" they said!!
:)

7 comments:

The Beautifier said...

Oh that was a nice post! Seems like you had a great time at the Diwali party! Belated Happy Diwali to you!xoxo

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Happy Diwali to u too!!

dr.antony said...

Appearences are deceptive !
Happy Diwali.Have brighter days ahead.

Writer Abhilash said...

hello Mam.. Nice party and I am just feeling so sad to miss the view of Ashika... Uff !!!!

Writing Buddha said...

hello Mam.. Nice party and I am just feeling so sad to miss the view of Ashika... Uff !!!!

SY said...

Happy Diwali.. sounds adventurous and funny lol

Bikram said...

YEah hapy diwali harman..
indeed old is gold .. I rmember when i came to vancouver for a friends wedding .. it was same we (I was the guest i m not old he hehe )
sat with a dhol and harmonium and sang out night out it was such a good feeling ... had fun Oh man this all have made me miss home i long to go home now ...