Saturday, March 19, 2011

Festival of colors... holi.

...may colors of Holi bring happiness and prosperity in life...lets celebrate and be thankful to God!

The festival of Holi can be regarded as a celebration of the Colors of Unity & Brotherhood - an opportunity to forget all differences and indulge in unadulterated fun. It has traditionally been celebrated in high spirit without any distinction of cast, creed, color, race, status or sex. It is one occasion when sprinkling colored powder ('gulal') or colored water on each other breaks all barriers of discrimination so that everyone looks the same and universal brotherhood is reaffirmed. This is one simple reason to participate in this colorful festiva

Holi' comes from the word 'hola', meaning to offer oblation or prayer to the Almighty as Thanksgiving for good harvest. Holi is celebrated every year to remind people that those who love God shall be saved and they who torture the devotee of God shall be reduced to ashes a la the mythical character Holika.
..I am posting a link..Go thru and see ..how people from various states in india play holi!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253684/Lathmar-Holi.html

20 comments:

Saf ♥ said...

Holi seems like so much fun! I hope to be able to experience the festivities one day!! Happy Holi :)

Tanvi said...

Wish you a very Happy Holi, too!

Tanvi
from © tanvii.com

Irfanuddin said...

WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY, COLORFUL AND SFAE HOLI........

irfan.

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Good post Harmaan,being a south indian(here they do not celebrate like in north india) i love this festival of colours..

Writing Buddha said...

happy holi mam

Ankita said...

hey!
happy holi Harman!

Bikram said...

Happy holi hope you had agreat time we in uk did not even know it was here.
And excuse me biba ji I got a fight to pick you said I dont reply to you I do always hain ji sorry if I did not anytime. Tell tell daso daso

Uma said...

Happy Holi to you and your Family!

The Beautifier said...

Happy Holi to you, Harman! Have fun ;)

dr.antony said...

Have a colorful Holi ! Best of regards to your family.

Urmi said...

Wish you and your family a very happy Holi.

Thinking said...

hmm....happy Holi Day and Enjoy yourself.

hamaarethoughts.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bikramthanks..happy holi to you..and your family...we had holi and fun with colors..it was awesome.
yep you answered on my last comment but before that I had seen ..there was no reply..or may be my comment was lost in that sea of comments you get...I jus wanted to make sure you read all comments or jus bypass the comment thing!
:)Tc... friends dont argue! tch tch...

Amrit said...

Harman,

I hope you had fun on Holi. Nice writeup. Is this your picture....

I thought I had left a comment.

Shabby said...

this is such a fun holiday! i remember my days of throwing dye on everyone.

Anonymous said...

What colorful pics Harman!!!! Too good!!!!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Wish you a happy holi, too!

A.G.Krishnan said...

Colourful Holi is really a wonderful experience for all, although I don't like greenery to be harmed/destroyed.

I wish you all a "Green Holi" which Lord Shri Krishna and Sakhees used to enjoy.

JAI SHRI KRISHNA.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A...no its not me...not my picture!

@ everybody...happy holi to you all and a blessed year ahead!
thanks everyone I am honoured by you comments and wishes!

Harman