Wednesday, February 8, 2012

miser.

...its sad to see people getting into rat race ..and living like beggars in-spite of having everything in life,but jus the greed and not the need which makes them miser...
this guy to came to stay in my aunts  rental property..which is an out house...his wife and family  back in L.A so he took one room he was a computer engineer...
every day this guy Mr M who was from india originally came home and kept minimal stuff as per his needs ..most of the time he ate jus those ready made soups or ready food nick-knacks but never a proper meal.. 
one day my aunt made some food and gave it to him for dinner as he never ate properly ,he was so happy and said "aunty Punjabi food is so good I love Punjabi food .."
my aunt treating him like a son ,whenever made dinner passed on a platter to him thinking he away frm family and in need of money ,so its a help.
on weekends also he never cooked and jus spent time here and there eating all those powdered foods ..and heating them in microwave...I mean its pathetic..why do we earn??
His dressing sense very poor two or three shirts and same kind everyday in office ....
thinking to be in need of money or saving for family but one day he was looking at the album when my aunt asked him to pass the album and pictures she was amazed to see his pictures back home in LA ...A big huge house ,two BMW in drive way.. one rental property .. wife working as manager in some company and two kids going to private school...
..My aunt was shocked ..why the hell are you living like this ? he said aunty we save maximum and spend minimum I am alone here so why spend unnecessarily ...
but why don’t you eat properly ? my aunt said..
you can fall sick ...we earn for a good living one house is enough..don’t need more if health is not there or proper hygiene whats use of that earning ? if you cant spend on yourself...we jus need to have one good house to lead a good quality life..but  he dint like my aunt being so blunt...and left soon after that ,he was laid-off he said "due to some personal reasons"
but it was body odour we came to know later
...there is one life to live n quality makes a difference...if you cannot enjoy and in-spite of having everything leading life like a beggar ..to jus showing off  people BMW or huge house or never used a deodorant and that freakin smell killing people in the office...whats meaning of that life? why insult your country and people...whats use of this education and degree?
its a shame!

13 comments:

Jack said...

Harman,

It is advisable that one does save for rainy day or retirement but not by going to extremes like this. Such persons will never live happily.

Take care

Renu said...

truely a shame, but i have seen many people here too who have enough to splurge, but they cant even spend.

This one tendency of Indians ..living like beggar there, makes me feel so ashamed,I also know a few people who use their apt. like dormitory accomodating as much as they can..whereas I think what is the point in leaving your countryb and living like that, then better stay here, you can manaqge better than that

Bikram said...

Thats how to make money Harman.. earn and put it in bank. Thats how one becomes rich.

I am glad I am not like that, how can one live without all that yumilicious punjabi food .. :)


Bikram's

R. Ramesh said...

here is one life to live n quality makes a difference...beautiful post harman..my kinda..nice yar..

Haddock said...

You have hit the nail.
Exactly what I always think of most of the people around who just keep stashing, God knows for what.
Reminds me of song that I heard recently on a streaming radio.
Don't remember the song now, but when I get the name I will come back and post it here.

The Beautifier said...

Well said! All the money is useless unless it's put into a good cause and good health! xoxo

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@jack ... hmmm yep
..they jus save for future ...not enjoying the present..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

..@renu..
its sad ..but I guess it come s frm culture at home ...
to me ..leading a comfortable life is necessity of life...rest doesn’t matter.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bick..
lolzzzzz save in bank for future..unseen future? I mean dont be spendthrift but at-least lead a decent life.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ramesh..:)
thanks.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@haddock..
I wish you cud tell me the song ..wud love to hear..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@beautifier...
I agree Gurl... these people behave like ...beggars and picture yourself beggar driving a BMW lolzzzzzzz
whts use of that money??

Haddock said...

Aha got it, the name of the song is "Enjoy yourself" by Guy Lombardo.
See if you can locate it or write to me and I will send it across to you. The file is only 3 MB