Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th JULY


Independence from great Britain and democracy was born....on 4th july 1776.....
United States is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic people. Each year on July 4, Americans celebrate that freedom and independence with barbecues, picnics, and family gatherings. ...Raising high the star spangled banner ...representing the fifty stars as Fifty states!!
Land of dreams....as US is termed as....people from various countries come here to chase their dreams.....some get in abundance ..other leave without a penny and go back home....Its all destined...efforts have to be made by us.....
....It was a long weekend....WE had barbecue party at my aunts place... her son came from Virginia ...it was basically a family get together...
Very warm outside I thought what fun it will be sitting in the lawn eating barbecue ...chicken and stuff!!!
its half an hr drive from my home to my aunts house.......
Micky my hubby s cousin... and his wife ... opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate the day...one of our relatives had come from Canada to celebrate with us...Gunni...half of the crowd had a defence background..so...major discussion was Indian Armed forces or Indian politics....I thought why men always discuss these topics only....I asked my uncle to go for better discussion ...something more interesting .... ...then they started with recession America is facing ..and how Obama is going to come out of this net!! I smiled...
Mitu mickeys wife...laughed at my comment I made on men discussing ..American politics now.....
its was dark ..and we decided to have a blast with some crackers... which was fun to watch in the backyard with tikki lights across the lawn... I felt like Indian movies jungles and Mashall(lamps) ad mist of everything jus like a gang of villains celebrating the loot... I expressed my thought in words ..exactly SHOLAY(movie) sequence......

I looked at my hubby he was near the bar...I guess I have to drive today looking at ur drinking skills...... I said....
he laughed.... my sense of driving gets better and I am more conscious ..when I drive after few shots ....
SURE..I guess,all men say that!!!
any ways It was fun..came home at 2 am..and next morning ...Monday ...I enjoyed..at home .....
ITS always fun with long weekends!!
happy independence day!!

9 comments:

zeenusingh said...

..ha haha ha.
Hey harman ,love the thought part nicely portrayed in writing.
one of its kind!thats my frnd.

Uma said...

as always it was nice reading this post!

shahana said...

Loved reading this post too! Happy Independence day!

Gaurav said...

happy independence day!

seems you enjoyed a lot ha.

Dr. Tripat Mehta said...

i loved the deep thoughts hidden in the words :)

http://sparkledaroma.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

very well written, how r u?
you r such a sweet person,I have been following your blog since 2008..there is a certain kind of innocence in your writings which I like ,I saw your pictures too in one of your blog ..you are a very good looking person indeed,very cute face..congrats to your man, lucky guy.

Haddock said...

Like the saying goes.....we may have come in different boats but we are on one land now.

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

Sorry I ma very late in writing this comment... a very happy 4th of july independance day to you too..

CRACKERS Oh man.. I am fanatic about crackers.. I can spend and spend and spend and spend ... I went to a cousins wedding to india and boy i spent more on crackers then on my ticket and other expenditure I GO MADDDDDDDD.. I love them ... not the bang bang ones but the nice colourful ones...

And your husband is RIGHT.. the sense of direction and the sense of driving hightens after a couple ... though they do say
JATT RISKY AFTER WHISKY he he he he
I can vouch for your hubby on that .. the car goes in a straight line after a couple ...

and lai the problem is you ladies dont leave us alone thats y we talk of polictics if you guys move away we can talk of other women HA ha haha haha :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Bikram....jatt risky after whisky...very true oh Boy I am scared..I wanna drive but he wants to prove me wrong specially after few shots..haha... Crackers he will brings all kinds ..I guess guys like tha bang bang!!!
Politics...sitting in US..indian parliament is in my house:)...so BORING topic...thanks bikram..perception is good!
@Zeenu....thanks zee...
@UMA....I am glad
@gaurav....thanks
@prerna...thanks
@haddock...ye very true!
Anonymous.......!!!