Tuesday, July 27, 2010

....my b;day at pf chang...

(me n mom at pf chang)
..pf Chang is one of my favorite ... Chinese restaurants .... a fine dinning ,most of the the people living in north America will be aware of this name......
It was..my b;day on 24th july...so we decided to have a dinner at this place...it was forty five minutes wait...usually the restaurant is crowded at weekends ,but then its known for its quality and name......After waiting for an hour almost ...we went inside ...I could see Indian crowd outside the restaurant....we as Indians generally like Chinese food as it blends with Indian tastes very well unless its an authentic Chinese food...
We ordered for some appetizers like crispy green beans with a dip...and some lettuce wraps...which is awesome..usually their dishes run between 10 to 15 dollars....with single order....but its worth the price and quantity...
the main course ...we usually end up ordering more food ..and leaving the rest on the table as no one is interested to eat or get it packed ...but this time it was perfect and after waiting for an hour I guess we were hungry.....but the style ,ambiance and service is perfect...compared to most of the other Chinese restaurants here.....

I am not a big fan of noodles or fried rice ...unless its a chopsuey with gravy ....their menu carries a dish named ...Singapore double pan fried noodles ...which is very close to Indian style Chinese chopsuey and their Dali chicken ..which tastes more like mango pickle with chicken pieces...and some mandarin chicken are the few dishes which is par excellence... if you r a sea food lover like me...then Mahi Mahi whole broiled fish is excellent....with some fresh cut salads....
I have a sweet tooth ..so I generally try desert at every restaurant specially their pies and cakes...but this time I skipped that part coz my b;day ice cream strawberry short cake was waiting at home ..so I had to eat that too ..keeping calories in mind and how much hard work I have to put in gym scares me now seeing all the sugary stuff ...
..Every year I celebrate my birthday ...but then I think...it good way to remember our age and achievements too...it more of a family affair on my b;day ,to me with age one gains wisdom from past experiences and learns but there are many people who think the other way round..other best thing of celebrating birthdays is one gets an opportunity to cut the cake :) ...(kidding) no the best thing is you can have a family dinner in a restaurant and explore new place....which I really like to do...hmmm what else...gifts too..... ..but I like flowers so I am basically happy with jus fresh cut ...roses...not very expensive thing!!
Overall I like to celebrate every small occasion or an achievement in life!

8 comments:

Uma said...

am glad you had a great time..

Gaurav said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope you had a great time.

Bikram said...

MANY Happy returns of the day and a very happy birthday to you Harman..

right .. now to the point.. you did not tell , trying to hide haan so that you might not have to pay for the treat.. good idea .. bad bad thing..

mine is 11th ___ telling now DONT forget :) he hehehe

I love celbrating everything too, achievements , birthday any little things after all thats what we have got in our life ..

COngratulations and many more to come Now we know for next YEAR :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday
nice picture

zeenusingh said...

Hey hermen,happy b;day once again and I will try pf chang for sure.
u look nice in ruffled skirt :)

Manisha Bhattacharya, PMP, ISTQB Certified said...

Happy B'Lated Birth day!! wishing you a wonderful year ahead!!

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Happy Birthday I am late though!!

Shrikrishna Meena said...

First sorry for not visiting lately , Feeling very sad about how I forget to wish u.

Instead of Being Belated, Very Very Happy Birthday.

Have a Beautiful Journey...