Tuesday, January 25, 2011

guess why???

she is one my close buddy ,my cousin..from Winnipeg Canada..so I generally end up laughing rather then getting annoyed...her jokes ,forwarding messages,pictures, every other news from any relative from India ...she has it all...any recipe I have to discuss I call her immediately...she is a very good cook too....

I got a call one day in my office ..it was my cousin ,she was very anxious to tell me ...I was with a client..I told her to call in half an hour....she called again ...and again...I called her at last....
Neetu  said"Di you know something Amazing"? What?I asked
she said"I met a Canadian women in a store and she asked me what my age will be in current year ....and then told me to add up with the year of my birth last two digits!!.(26years plus 1985....26+85=111)...the answer will be 111..
I did it and the answer was triple one...but it not for me only anybody in the world if does that the answer will be triple one..and we are in 2011...for little kids it will be double one,(11)..isn't it amazing''?
I did  for myself..it was 111...
any guesses how this works???why it works for everyone!!!
(don't google,just try to answer by yourself ) I also did  calculations myself.....

12 comments:

dr.antony said...

Let me think about it !
I am just off to the hospital and come back with a solution!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

Well... this year the addition is 111 last year was 110, next year will be 112, in 2013 will be 113... and everyone born after 2000 is 2001 - 01, 2002 - 02, 2011 - 11, 2012- 12... and so on...

last two digits of year of birth + your age always add up to the last 2 digits of the current year + 100 if your birth year is in the previous century. If your birth year is in the current century then you don't add the 100.

- Mannat!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mannat sorry this comment was deleted by mistake ...so I copy pasted it with your name!

Thinking said...

hmm....well I am not good in maths.

So...I just did the calculations and leaving the research part for intelligent people....

Intresting though.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ everybody..
all girls are coming forward,Guys what happened???
not coming up with calculations???

bollywoodstylediaries said...

spooky!

:-)

Maya said...

I m not good at maths so i wont waste my time in it.. neither would i try to calculate it just to find out if its true.. i will just take your word for it..

soorya said...

its interesting but me too poor in maths ;)
let the nerds do the thinking :)

Amrit said...

Awesome. This is nice. It is magic of 11....becasuse of 2011....

Anonymous said...

dil chasp, boohat dil chasp.....lol
its interesting I am not a number freak so not going into all calculation part but found it interesting...do share some recipes also..:):):)
and thanks for sharing.

The Beautifier said...

This is interesting!!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

WEll...well ..Mannat is absolutely correct!!very well explained by her..
its actually part of simple mathematics...but numbers always play their role!
thanks mannat!

REST... thanks to everyone who tried and those who didn't...
it wasnt that hard??
was it.. :)