Friday, January 28, 2011

Guzaarish!!

 
 ..last night I saw movie Guzarrish....it came on netflix...and we have wii so ..its easy to xcess netflix.....
Guzaarish is an Indian movie hitting international movies ..top of the charts....starring...the Indian spider-man ...krishh boy Hrithik Roshan...and lovely lady miss world Ashwariya rai..(pride of India)...
I came from work ...with bad weather ..so thought of seeing this movie...to cheer up my mood...though it was not a Friday night..but still ..I could not resist....not knowing the real impact it would have on me....

The opening scenes ..of the movie....it looked like a haunted house..and patient on the bed...Oh God !!a quadriplegic ...what a tragedy....but then ....as it moved ..it moved my soul..ripping me to small pieces ...and then creating shivers of pain and headaches...

.Ironically it a wonderful piece of art portrays a journey towards death...called a mercy killing to relieve one from pain and anger...it is joyous, rapturous and ecstatic celebration of life....where a great magician becomes a slave and looks forward to death ....literally appealing people as it should be justified for him legally....
Aishwarya plays a graceful role this time and though her character is subdued she shows her power in few critical sequences and makes her presence felt strongly. Despite doing a non-glamorous role, her natural beauty and appeal was radiating.....The make up is little loud at certain places..(that is my general opinion!!thou...)

...I was getting sick as the movie ..moved ...scene to scene ....all goose bumps looking at how in a moment life changes and real worth is seen......my husband ..looked at me  said..are you ok?...no..I have nausea and headache !!I said...its sick....looking at me he ,he said...I have an engineer ..a team lead who is like this....a super intelligent guy...who is on wheel chair and my office moves with him....I see him everyday ..on wheel chair working ,giving orders in spite of his disabilities.... whose body is paralyzed but his brain is very active..he has all plans chalked out for a year ....I sometimes make coffee for him and put in his pipe ,where he drinks by himself....I don't feel sick....its life...!!!
...not in a mood to argue....I went upstairs and slept with nightmares.... got up with severe headaches...and popped up some pain killers!!!
well seriously if somebody tells me to watch it again ...I will never do!!!

18 comments:

Irfanuddin said...

The movie could have been better...!! The story line a bit more polished... It definitely lacked some depth...
I was in the comparison mode with 'Black' which was simply outstanding... Keep a pack of Aspirin while watching it......
”poor sanyiaa”

Anonymous said...

Well, I heard its a masterpiece... but usually I don't go for such heavy duty emotional movies especially when I am stressed I avoid such movies.
Do watch Band Baja Baraat...very Indian movie I am sure U gonna like it.

dr.antony said...

I guessed how sensitive you are.Being able to respond to someone else's misfortune,is a great quality,Harman. That is what makes us human.Kindness and compassion are becoming emotions of the past.
Acts of kindness are always written down in the books of God.

AS said...

A sad movie? I just heard songs of it. By the description you gave, i will not see it. Anyway i am not such a movie goer, maybe couple of movies a year person.

Thinking said...

hmm...thanks for telling...

I am happy that I didn't still get a chance to hover over it....

Usually I don't see movies sitting on the sofa...I always move around in the home doing something...it save me from nauseatic scenes which could be harmful and may come back as haunting dreams...

Well...just a tip.

hmm....

Sh@s said...

Want to watch it atleast once just the depressing factor is keeping me away. Will do it sometime.

Amrit said...

I personally did not like the movie. It touched the surface but did not go deep enough....IMO....depressing but not detailed enough...besides water on his face, single trip to outside world and public prosecutor in the box...other than that...it did not touch the details of a handicapped person.

A Great Liar said...

Well, I kinda feel totally out of place here because I am not at all into hindi/paki movies. But if you have a taste for really classy human dramas with a lot of depth to it, I can recommend couple of them I have seen recently, movies like "House of Sand and Fog" or "The Elepant Man". Highly recommended.

Shady West Side said...

take care of yourself harmaan...and be thankful thats all we can do

Maya said...

i avoid sad movies..no point in paying money to be sad

raji said...

very well written review.completely agree that the movie gives you a 'sick 'feeling!The end portions were some how dismaying with so much of a 'celebration'..found it out of the world!well ,may be from the director's perspective though:)

bollywoodstylediaries said...

not watched it since its little heavy for me too! I have heard its a great movie

Bikram said...

havenot seen the movie
i beleive whats going to happen will happen and I DO BELEIVE in mercy killing.. I dont want to sit and lay on bed if i am sick.. its shud go away simple ..dont want ot linger on ...

and i got WII can i connect to that channel how does itcome over net or dish or what :)

Love2cook Malaysia said...

I read mixed reviews about the movie and being a no-fan of Aishwarya Rai, I skipped this movie. Hehehe!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Bikram..sorry for replying you late....its crazy ..here they have created emergency here ....we expecting snow storm on wednesday...its on high alert....so ....getting prepared we might have an power outage..so preparing the fire place!!
the net flix...you have to download an app from the netyflix.com and then you can watch all latest movies...when you connect to Wii..it will show up..
you have to pay net flix though..a nominal ..amount of $10 or $15 per month..which is nothing compared to latest movies and the original prints....it has all hindi movies...only the ones hitting international level....and kids stuff in abundance...
this is great help for those who have little kids at home...
...tc

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@irfanuddin....yes I agree,,,the story line lacks basic fundamentals at some places if judged properly!

@Rolling stone...its very close to masterpiece but neglects some common factors!
I saw B3 its good...but the language used is too cheap!or may be I dont have that exposure!!

Dr anthony..thanks Doc..one is always in pain ..if too sensitive..

@AS..same here I watch two or three movies a year...its very sad movie!

@thinking..yaa..its a good advice..I will do that too!!

@shas...ok ..its good idea ;)

@A..may be..its not detailed tragedy ..and few flaws..I agree..But overall a good try ..different form other movies..
I personally cannot see somebody in pain ..its gives me aches and depressions..so for me it doesn't work!

@A great liar..thanks for sharing ...I will sometime!

@Shahid..exactly...we shld be thankful to God for what we have!

@Rajii..thanks dear..the end is little abrupt..and yes celebration...its absurd!

@Bollywood diaries...you sld not see..it s very tragic..

@ love2cook..ok...thanks...for dropping..

The Beautifier said...

I also felt the same after watching this movie! Nevertheless, its a great movie, Hritik certainly deserves an award for his acting in this movie!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

..@beautifier...I agree...hritik..has done a good job..gets a gr8 round of applause!