Friday, October 16, 2009

Diwali..

This one festival in India...I just love it... its like the whole country is decorated with lights and decorations... its simply beautiful... with lots of excitement and shopping all around...I am not big fan of crackers or lighting them..but looking at fireworks is fun..
My last visit to india I reached a day before Diwali and celebrated it at home... Lots of people coming inn and out of the house..with gifts and festivities all around... its was nice..the whole environment had a smoky feel... with lots of noise all around...
Feel of Diwali starts from Navratras... then dusshera ...in between there is a fast for married women ...Karva Chauth ..no I don't keep that fast... in fact any fast, I know about this fast from Indian movies and shows.. and also seen women decked up ..on this day...
US..there is no such Diwali like india.. but people do light candles and small lamps ..or have party at each others place...or go to Temples or Gurudwaras for well being of everyone...
Basically wherever we are in the world... its the happiness that matters...

No comments: