Thursday, October 22, 2009

Remembering India...

It takes to be an Indian!!
something in me is so attached to roots,that whenever I talk to my friends we discuss more about India then US...
One thing I really miss ..which..I think is a million dollar thing for me..its the dhabba food(road side open restaurants)..that is something " The Best "food for me...I always made it a point to stop; to eat at these places...
I prefer eating vegeterian food in dhabbas unless its fine dinning ..
The menu is usually crammed by the waiter ..and salad is frsh cut on the spot with ratten cots to sit and wooden plank kept as table in the middle of cot.. everything is rustic but very cute and neat.. everybody is usually sitting under the tree..
The food is like home made served in steel plates ,copper glasses and far we can see hand pump ..on the corner ..
I had visited few of these places on my last visit;my personal favourite is still Lucky
......
Going to Delhi from ludhiana I make a point to stop at this place ..as it is open twenty four hours..

1 comment:

zeenusingh said...

..yep..me missing dat food to..