Thursday, October 8, 2009

EID..(chand Raat)

This year on Eid I was in Toronto..and it was an Eve ... (day before Eid)..there were lot of fairs on Eve.. in Banquets and open areas...so I decided to visit one of the fairs and see ..what is happening ..!!!!
My husband ; who doesn't like to go in any fairs as usual and wants me also to restrict myself as..according to him..the crowd is not good at these places but I always want to check with fashion as I am associated to that industry..so he decided to stay home and I decided to hang out with my friends ..
At the banquet hall there was no place to park..lot was full;so we decided to park at corner which was empty in front of a deserted building...
As we entered they greeted us with.."Ess salaam wal eekkum"I smiled and we nodded our head...
YUP..the Chand raat..was awesome as with thousands of Muslims all over the world mainly from Pakistan..carrying beautiful jewellery and dresses from Pakistan.
mostly women were holding the stall... but lots of men were helping them..
The best part about the Muslim culture is...They speak with lot of respect...
..yes I brought couple of jewellery pieces..unique and intricate..but the place was so crowded ..it was difficult to breathe.. and as they saw the moon; they started hugging each other with Eid mubarak... a Gurl stared at me and said NO..u don't celebrate Eid ..before she could hug me... .I said.yes..I am not Muslim.. and managed to come out of the hall..with my friends.
The Car where we parked ..was now blocked with drums on side..WE wondered what happened??? to parking lot.. it was actually parking lot of night club which starts at 10 pm Saturday night..I could see two big fat guys.. standing outside the club ..the security people..
We went and requested those guys to remove drums as we had to take out the car.. they agreed...and doom...took a freeway and came home....
It was.. never seen before kinda ..feeling... but good...

No comments: