Monday, June 14, 2010

Maturity.


...I was at work....this lady came inn to meet me ..she was of our clients supposedly,I met her for the first time...looking at me she asked..u r ? I am indian by nationality ...if thats what u meant....I said...she smiled and said YES..you got me right ..I know about India...little bit culture and food...I smiled ...before I could go ahead ..she started talking about her personal life ,as she is married to a chinese guy and then how they met....I was little surprised and then she came to her personal love life ....I didn't know where to look...(I don't want to give fine details here)...then she asked me some questions ....expecting something from me too....I kept quite and I started talking about the work she had come for....Exactly ...so that better use of time can be made...
She said... you seem to be an introvert person! may be culture difference ?I said
she said OK...which part of india are you from?... North(punjab)I said....this is your original hair?she asked ...I smiled ..yes ...its not a wig...looking at me seriously ...she said I am red head you can see but originally a blond and this hair is red as I had put indian heena (mehandi..color)..it changed my whole persona...
Couldn't control my laughter I laughed...she laughed looking at me....
I thought how can people be so immature when they talk.....I mean to a complete stranger they say whatever they like ...do we get mature by age? Nope...I think some never get mature...neither age or experiences ....to me,
Maturity is ability to think ,speak and act your feelings within the bounds of dignity.

14 comments:

Uma said...

I must say, you answered her questions well :)

Kavita Saharia said...

We learn a lot from people around us---what to do and what not to do.
I agree on your thoughts about maturity.

Krishna said...

Interesting conversation and that too with an stranger, Interesting!!!

Bikram said...

he hehe so sachi sachi tell you got original hair..

yeah i understand what you mean.. anyway dont worry much she was probably trying to pass some time and no one nice and good would listen to her so she chose You :)

he heh e

hamaarethoughts.com said...

....@bikram... ha ha ha ..so veryyyyy funny... u think I am bald...JEZzzzzz ... she was actually surprised to see my long dense hair :)
yes...she was another DORK.timePASS kar rahi thi... aur waste bhi... why she chose me for that..I dont know but I was stuck.

Anonymous said...

nice post harman,how is everybody at home ..long time, I was in india ,my bro got promoted ..AS BRIG so ..all celebrations..aur batao..Howz monty doin? kabhi baat karwana ,uncle is here? say My SSA..
God Bless
JAI

Angels Never Lie said...

lolz....nice conversation....smtyms its fun nt to get mature...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@UMa..thanks....
@kavitha...YUP..very true..
@shri krishna...thanks...
@jai... Congrts...for ur bro...ya... I will...jus talk to me..sehajc@gmail..
@..Angels..yup..may be fun for us...to listen to these kinda people.

Karishma said...

Well I supoose if you're living in a multi cultural environment, you've got to take everything with a pinch of salt.
It takes all kinds of people to make this world right?
Have a nice day!

xx

purple-peeptoes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Blog A Tonics are planning a meet. If you feel interested please visit Blog A Ton Page and contact your city Marshal.

A blogAtonic

Rajesh said...

Very unique experience. You handled it pretty well.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@godess of boho..yup..its an open society where we live all kinds of people but dignity comes with culture!
thanks..
@rajesh thanks
@ blog A tonic...
ya sure..n thanks...
I appreciate all your comments and valuable time ...
thanks.

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Yeah , id she is not your client you must have said please mind your business.

Rahul Jawale said...

Well, I cant judge the lady you met just by once incident, but in my opinion, random chat is a way to soothe nervousness.

I can vouch for that because I have often used it with people on first meeting or when I am conducting interviews. Sharing few bits of personal information, usually trivial, helps reduce the tension in the atmosphere.

The lady might have sensed tension and nervousness (assuming so) in you and could have decided to have a little chat. Wouldn't that be the another way to look at the incident.

One thing is clear though, you handled the meeting pretty well. Cheers to that!