Sunday, September 12, 2010

Makes ME Hungry :)


...Reading lots of blogs on Food and recipes...Some are so good that whenerver I tried they came out soo oo very good that I bet the similiar kind you would get in Restaurants ever.....
The Kashmiri style food or Rajasthani Daal Baati or Bengali style Fish or down South Indian Style Rava Dosa ...Man sitting in my office ,wheneverI get time to read ..I feel so hungry...
I think only about food ....Recently this Guy..who had posted with pictures when he visited some place where they sell street food ,lemme give you the link...so that you feel hungry too :)
http://finelychopped-k.blogspot.com/2010/09/once-upon-time-in-fort-pancham-puri.html..
Look at these pictures...all tempting things shown ...even menu card is over there ..and the blogger has converted into US dollars too..so very kind of him......I felt like flying back home and visiting these places...Awesome!!!
There is so much variation and variety in food ...its like a never ending thing....I like to cook ,so jus try to gather all good recipes and visit blogs...Recently I made my blogger Friend UMA's ...one of the recipes...
Dum Aloo..its originally a kashmiri food..but this thing came out so well..I got so many compliments for my cooking,thanks to my friend UMA...
http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=5427298207359714908
Cooking is an Art ...very innovative.....It needs patience and time too....I always plan ahead what I have to cook ..looking at the grocery available at home....The best part is to bookmark the simple recipes posted day today...and jus try them when you want to get out of regular routine!
Food has always been a passion for me..cooking I learnt jus few years back ..I was a spoilt kid ,but Coming to US made me learn this..which eventually helped me a lot....
I think its an essential part of life ...to cook ,there are many who live on store made food ...or may be they never tasted the simple home made food.
Its always I read all these blogs (food)during afternoon in my office ...as I am little free and can browse net...but immediately ..Hunger programme starts after reading these blogs...the worst part is there is no Indian joint or restaurants near my work place...in fact there is only one which is about four miles from here...
which leaves me in a bad shape...

11 comments:

Satya said...

hi harman,

while reading ur post i also feel the same .. there was many choices in india ... we could eat all the tasty stuff just at a arm length away ..i used in live in chennai most crowded shopping zone n me n hubby would have evening walk n eat all the junk food...on weekends..but after coming to us we miss that a lot...life is comfortable but we have to compramise on these simple eat outs...the link u shared about pancham puri was so good .. made me feel hungry too : ) i hope to be back in india soon...

Urmi said...

I liked your blog very much. I appreciate for your wonderful post. In India variety of food is available which we cannot get anywhere. Only thing is that we can prepare different types of food at home while we are outside India.
You are welcome in my blogs.

Uma said...

Thanks Harman for such nice words! am touched :)
here, the food lacks spice...and i find it bland too...Indian cuisine is the best..

Writing Buddha said...

Ye padh ke toh even I felt hungry and wanted to eat something... Hahaha... Hey i have completed my 300th blog post recently.. would love to read ur comment.. http://www.bloggerabhilash.info/2010/09/300-blogs-in-394-days-with-831-comments.html

Bikram said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy chakkk te fattte what else can one want SO much to eat .... :) punjabiii wht else can one want ... I have one rule when i visit india, and to all those who keep saying come to meet them .. THEY MAKE FOOD and only THEN I visit them THATS it

and i get to eat so much .. I am adecent cook myself now , i was spoilt but coming ot uk hase made me learn how to cook and i visit all thes blogs and get recipes and try it out .. :)

I promise when you and your hubby come over I shall cook a spelndind food for you even its not good you and hubby dear will have to say its good and KIDS jsut love my food SO when you coming :) he hehe heh

and I have visited @Uma's blog and taken a lot of her recipes too so THank you UMA tooo

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Bikram..thanks..for your lovely comment..Definitely we are all spoil t back home..with domestic help everywhere ..coming to US or UK..everything is straightened out..Raja or Runk..kinda same...Do ur work urself God has given you hands...the message gets clear once you leave INDIA...
I will also apply your strategy when visiting India..its fun :)
Thanks for ur invitation...
Its funny though ...I enjoyed reading your comments...Straight from heart!

zeenusingh said...

Makes me hungry too.
love those pictures.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@satya...India is always missed ..for food...and culture..Life is comfortable here but then one needs to sacrifice ..something in order to get something!
YES I agree!
@Babli..thanks dear!..yes truly said..I learn t to cook all good stuff here..since its not available!!
@UMA..my pleasure..yes food lacks spice...I usually end up eating lousy Indian food here in restaurants!
@Abhilash..thanks..yes I will ..give a comment!for sure!!
@Zeenu..yep..they r so tempting!

Kalyan Karmakar said...

Hi Harman,

Thanks for the link. Really hope you make it back to eat someday soon :

Pam said...

Hi Harman

I read your comments about Pancham Puri and incidentally I am looking for the cabbage recipe that goes with the Puri, do you know how I can get it. Thanks Pam

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@knife...yes..thanks!I wud love to visit India!

@pam ..I really dunno..as I am not Bengali..but I am sure..you can find from u tube or Google it...even knife the blogger here the link I have given can ans your question!