Thursday, July 7, 2011

Edible Arrangements.

It was one of those lazy afternoons ,I was taking a nap....feeling so relaxed that its a long weekend and lots of sleep to catch,suddenly I heard kids running downstairs...and I heard the door bell....
My son came and told me "there is somebody at the door"...
I came down and Saw Cathy with her husband  holding an edible Arrangement with a smile ...

Hey ..Sorry to barge inn ....Kathy said
,I know you were taking a nap...
(pulling my hair back)I said...no problem

they handed me a beautiful Edible arrangement with  a thank you card... and said"it was a great help from you to help us during our Vacation.
* Kathy went to Israel for fifteen days with her mom -in law(they r Jews),so with her husband and kids at home she told me take care of her son Marc in the morning when her husband left for work ,to make sure he gets into school bus with my son  and comes back safely...
....
this was a very sweet gesture from her to bring this basket which was unique ,I had read about edible arrangements from fresh fruits and lovely colors...
The best part about these arrangements are all the fruits are sweet (make be they check before putting them together)and so fresh in every way.They are edible and don't go in trash like flower arrangements...its a gift for all!
She had also baked a Cake at home which she had given me earlier ,which was yum...
I never expected so many treats in return for such a small help...I did tell her this and she laughed ....
I took some pictures on my kitchen counter as this was a different gift of all kinds I received in past.Beautiful ,edible ,liked by all and sooooooooo healthy can never go waste,its cut -up and cleaned very well with all seasonal fruits .



24 comments:

Irfanuddin said...

it does look beautiful...nicely done...:))

Kavita Saharia said...

Very nice gesture .You were a great help to her .The arrangement is so beautiful and looks delicious.

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

Flower arrangements are common.. But as you said this is something unique and I liked the idea. Will try gifting it sometime to friends and check out the reactions.Pic is lovely, healthy and yummy

kiran sawhney said...

I had heard about it before. But this edible arrangement looks so yum. Just feel like having a bite out of it.
Best part is that it is a healthier gift option than giving chocolates or sweets.

Urmi said...

Wonderful post. Very beautiful arrangement. Nicely decorated and looks superb.

Mishilicious Mishi said...

yum yum...seems to be so delicious !! cant you parcel that thing to me :-(

Jack said...

Harman,

It is so sweet of her. Also I think this gift is much better than flowers. The fruit were arranged in such a tempting manner.

Take care

PS : I added a couplet to my Follow Up post.

The Classic Honeymooners said...

wowwww!!! enjoy your delicious treat :)

Bikram said...

beautiful.. ah bless the neighbours...
glad you helped them ...

Bikram's

Adil Shah said...

Delicious:-)

Thinking said...

hmmm...it looks so delicious...

Lucky you !

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@irfan..thanks...nicely done and delicious too :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kavita..yes it is delicious..
thanks

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ashwini....
true..these are unique arrangements!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kiran ...so very true!
I agree

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@babli..yes
thanks!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@uncle jack..yes true!
very tempting and finished very soon..I ate only pineapples :)

*I will read the couplets ..thanks

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mishi..
So sweet...I wish I cud dear!
they are very easy to make otherwise...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@shadow of my life..
yes...good neighbours help each other.
thanks for putting my name on your post..
I am truly honoured..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bikram..thanks...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@adil...thanks!

The Beautifier said...

awwe I love it! Looks so yummmy and and good for health as well!!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking thanks..
yes lucky me..:)

Writing Buddha said...

it looks nice