Friday, July 22, 2011

Humor :)

I usually end up in splits of laughter at very small things...A sarcastic remark or something hilarious .Humor I find in small little things...at times I couldn't stop laughing,there are many incidents where I left places... 'cause It was hilarious and hard to handle....Moms hard stares still haunts me ,BUT I am better now.
My hubbys nature of sarcastic remarks still makes me laugh
ME"Honey did you lock the door properly and put alarm system..."
Him.."Nope why would I do that?I want burglars to come inn and take our valuable stuff specially the jewelry set you brought last week ...its will be a good loot for them"
I end up saying Soooo funny....
...Living in US I Do come across many Desi's who end up using all wrong English and slang...in grocery store, Gurudwara , park.I end up laughing...loudly...all wrong English and so much confidence ...LOVE it!
Canada (Toronto) which has lot of Indian community it appears to be "little India"..places like Brampton, Markham ,Malton, Mississauga has lot of Punjabi community ,they have stores have punjabi font as store names,its kinda amazing....I love Toronto!! it has that flavour of Desi stuff..I like.
 All good Indian cuisines and street food available...Vegetarian to non -vegetarian.
Stylish Desi Aunties  driving BMW or Merc with big  hoops or jhumkhas ..its kinda hilarious at times.
There are many joke's made on Desis's(indians) .
 I came across a Video  of Brown (skin) family and their life style in Toronto ..couldn't stop laughing ..its very hilarious and very close to reality...
jus watch this!

24 comments:

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello dear.

In American English, humour is humor. Careful, the Americans will be accusing you of being a bad speller.

Anyhow, Brittish or American, funny is still funny.

Take care,
Mike

Anonymous said...

I am just like you! I laugh at everything & anything!!!

Uma said...

even with me it happens sometimes.. i cannot stop laughing..

pRasad said...

Interesting read :)

after soooo many days I am reading some light, funny stuff ..thanks for sharing..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mike..thanks..
its always a result of haste.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@nilu..:)
welcome to laughing club!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Uma :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@prasad...thanks!

Urmi said...

Very nice, interesting and funny post. I liked it and enjoyed very much.

Writing Buddha said...

Its good.. we should keep laughing and we should keep searching the reasons to laugh.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

@
Ya, ya, ya...sound s like you have really adapted to American culture. You know how to spin a good excuse. ((:

Take care,
Mike

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mike .....lolz why did ya say that?you don't make any mistakes ?It's not jus American culture but Indian culture too and this waz the genuine reason not any excuse.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

I was just joking.... It's just my sick American humor or shall I say Humour coming out. (See I'm good at excuses)

Yes, I understand that you Indians are as coo coo as the rest of the human race. ((:

Mike

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mike..are you really kidding?
I jus dunn understand ur sense of humour :) or shld I say Hummer (as per indian slang)or humor..check wikipedia..with humour..you will get your ans right..
the thing is you don't want me to forget :)

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

Ha ha ha:)

kiran sawhney said...

Finding humor in small things in life, is the way to live life. Laugh it off- should be the mantra.And you do the right thing.

The brown family video was funny- aaj meeh paina hai. Chittar lagawaan. snatching the video phone in moving car from grown up children sitting at back.

Jack said...

Harman,

Sense of humour is a gift which not many enjoy. May God keep this intact for you. Had a good laugh on seeing video. Our niece is also in Canada with husband and daughter.

Take care

PS : Left comment in previous post too.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hummer is the Swedish word for lobster.....

Yes, I am kidding...Yes in hast we can make many spelling mistakes...I am guilty of this also.

Take care,
Mike

Bikram said...

laughter is the bet medicine .. its always good to LAUGH :)

Keep smiling harman :)



Bikram's

Amrit said...

For some reason, I cannot laugh at everything. I prefer subtle humor. Sometimes while watching a movie or something, when I laugh, no one else laughs..I don't get it. A lot of times, I have to explain my jokes....:))))

Rachna said...

I also don't find humor in everything. But, sometimes the silliest of things have me cracking up especially stupid jokes :).

Renu said...

sometimes I just cant stop laughing and it has made a very embarrassing situation for me..but then I cant control.

zeenusingh said...

I love to laugh on small things,jus like you.
that video is hilarious ,its good to see parents in Canada behave in similar way as in india that feel of indian and punjabi slang.. times have changed here too but people abroad are still in time freeze.
happy birthday ,where is your post,you said you will put on b;day??
bsy?

The Beautifier said...

I'm like you! I also loooove to laugh and make others laugh! laughter is a good medicine, no doubt about that:)