Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beauty...A bigger pay check....

...We all know that beauty is skin deep but it may not be enough for work place "Ugly people earn less then average looking person and an average looking earns less then good looking or beautiful person."recently reports by University of Texas Economist Daniel Hamermesh said in his new book "Beauty pays:why Attractive people are more successful?
...If I talk in general and people surrounding us ...Good looking people or beautiful people are like magnets  ..they pull the crowd  ..it can be in corporate,doctors office of even a Good looking waitress!no job is small ...all that gets paid is the beauty!!




Studies indicate that a Good looking man or women on an average earns $230,000 more in a life time then  a plain or homely looking person....its all on the scale of 1--5..best and average ..
when God made humans Beauty or charismatic look wasn't endowed to every other human ...now to get against these odds is what needs to be seen ...all of us cannot be Angie or Brad... or Indian diva Ash... so Professor Hamermesh has been studying on this topic for nearly about twenty good years to get this data as to how it works...
it might be a discrimination ...But there is a prediction there could be an affirmative action for beauty bereft...
...looking at this recent study and  I am trying to recollect...I agree..everybody wants a young and good looking person in their office or even at work...A person may be pleasant or skill full but not a head tuner..it implies to men too...as people think beauty is jus women thing But it improves your earnings...If you have good looks and a good dressing sense to support the looks VIOLA then the chances to fit in any corporate are bright.
..Scale yourself on 1--5 and then de-construct your looks..A little money on self maintenance can pay you back in a good way.
Since we have a fashion house ..I can give you few tips jus ...very general to improve your personality..


1)..Keep you hair maintained...men and women..(regular haircuts, short n crisp for men and no bhenji (aunty)style for ladies:)

2)Regular manicure and pedicure for men and women....(its jus $35 for hands and feet)
 3) keep fit... look good even if you are towards bigger size But can still manage to look smart...
keeping your self in correct size clothes...and Please never ever buy oversize clothes even if its for two bucks or free on sale!!
Now as per extra skin care... 
women...
4)Regular skin care regime ...with facials and waxing to look radiant and crisp..
in case if you want to add some more style go for highlights or jus few strands ..
in your hair style.I generally keep changing my hairstyle and color ..its gets boring after some time.
Men.
5)Try using men's ant-wrinkle creams or moisturisers ...as constant shaving makes the skin loose its shine and radiance turns into mature skin...there are various shaving techniques for men to keep the in -growth away(google it out)
6)Always wear a sunscreen lotion in sun to protect UV rays ..these rays are very harmful...
7)Men spend less time in their skin care and other stuff with a result looking older ..very soon sometimes even harder to recognise ...few of my class mates look like Uncle Tom.
so its jus few little things to keep you up and help you improve the over all personality and get big bucks!
keep smiling!
and before you leave this page...plz click to the weekend favourite,, its a lovely song..By an Indian legend (singer) Mohammed Rafi..

happy weekend!!!

42 comments:

Ifra said...

so many Advices! :D would take some :P

Uma said...

nice tips Harman -:)

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Good informative post..sure to follow as many as possible..

pRasad said...

Good post Harman..completely agree .

Writing Buddha said...

waaah

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ ifra..
:) one shld have motivation for fitness and maintenance.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@UMA..thanks..
Iam glad!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kanthi..thanks dear..
your post is very similar ..related to beauty!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@prasad..thanks...
hope it helps!
:)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@abhilash..
..thanks!

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Was inspired by seeing your post,then posted it which was saved in my draft since a long time..

Pandora`s Box said...

What a great read! Thanks for the tips :)

Rachna said...

Interesting post though I feel that the topic is contentious and has many layers to it. Irrespective, it always helps to be well-groomed and people in ill-fitting clothes is a pet peeve for me too.

Chakoli said...

hahahaha..
indeed what u said is true... :) shud surely follow some ;)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo... great post... i love the advises and do agree that good looking people earn more...
and a fantastic song very apt for the topic.. 'husn wale tera jawab nahi'..

Shreya said...

Yea.. Beauty can open doors but it can't keep them open..!!
Oprah Winfrey is highest earning woman (because of her skills)n there are many such examples. :)Nice post by the way :) well u can check mine if you like, here is the link:
http://www.iredeem.blogspot.com/

Jack said...

Harman,

Read 2 posts now. I agree there are a lot of areas where we need to change for better. Treatment meted out to our visitors is one of the main concerns. Let us hope that advertisements being shown by Tourism Department have some positive affect. What you say in this post does seem probable though not absolute certain. Thanks for giving tips to ensure acceptability by others, specially those who have impact on career.

Take care

Amrit said...

Harman,

THANK YOU !!!!

First time someone thought & wrote about men. Master article. :)))

I will follow your advice.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kanthi..thanks..
it works both ways..get inspired n be inspired.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

pandora box..
thanks...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@rachna..yes it might be have other things to be reviewed But beauty makes a difference for sure!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Rolling stone...yes..true..
there are many examples I can give in bloggers also with links..
which has nothing to do with blogging but the pictures and style matters!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@shreya...
you should get your facts right before commenting.../DEAR..
Winfrey has all made up herself after what she had gone in young age,,,=raped by men..Carrying a baby..as an unwed mother..Being ugly ..she did lot to improve her overall persona and looks...
Her hair,her make up..her fitness and grooming is what makes her stand out,,,with a strong intellectual quality to support..she spends lot of money on grooming and looking good.
Coming out of house and sitting on TV show won't make you millionaire...
Amrita..Chair man pepsi (india) also had 101 grooming classes ..I can give hundred examples..people kicked out of work ..jus because they had bad dressing sense
or had foul smell coming out.
Being a public figure needs lot of grooming and money..I am talking about general public ..which needs jus a little effort to earn good!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Jack..thanks..
looking good and keeping yourself clean ..always makes people appreciate..it helps..
Making big bucks...helps with good academics and looks to support that..jus a homely looking person or Aunty or Uncle kind of looks may help in short term But not for good raises and big bucks!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A..thanks..hope..you start your 101 classes on grooming..if you have not being doin lately.
...Men always look good when have neat n clear hair style and crisp shaved look..
...neat n clean(manicured hands)

Mishilicious Mishi said...

Good-looks do give you an extra edge over others..I remember how my younger sister ( fairer then me..and cuter then me) used to have all the attention in the room..she always over-shadowed me..and I had this thing in me that em ugly for a very very long time..until I started a career after completing my studies..and then this lovely friend of mine taught me the valuable lesson of my life..how to take care of my self and how to work on my appearance..em a confident girl today..who knows looks dont matter if you know how to carry your self..every one of us is beautiful in his/her own way...and being fair is not the only criteria of beauty...

Thankz for sharing the tips Harman..some of them are really helpful..I wont ignore my hands and feet now:-)

Kavita Saharia said...

May be true in some sectors like fashion ,movies , ,hospitality but not in education ,science and technology ,medicine ,corporate houses .I personally feel that brain matters more .Keeping one clean and presentable is very important too.
I loved the tips you wrote here and read it out to my husband too :):)

Shabby said...

This is so true. Thanks for the rips as to how me can maintain a more pleasant appearance.

Haddock said...

Agree very much on this.
Its how you present yourself that matters.
I think I will skip point # 5 as I don't shave, just trim my beard, but at times I do find myself postponing my trimming resulting in a not so good look.
I will have to take a hold on this.
And yes loved that song.
Mohamed Rafi is one of my fav too. Apart fom being a good singer, he was a perfect gentleman too. I have read a lot about him.

Sh@s said...

Nice tips :)

Amrit said...

@Harman,

Per my wife, I spend more time on my grooming than she spends on hers including her trips to beauty parlor. I don't agree with her but I have to agree. That is part of mental grooming :)))

Most people relate beauty with women but that is not really true..no one writes about men taking care of themselves.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mishi..very true..
If I am not wrong..many a times we jus negelect ourself as to it doesnt make difference BUT in reality..its the ignorance which cracks up the whole persona..
As a women ..I always heard from my Dad ..that a women should always look good ..even at home .. neat and tidy with pinch of style!
A chnage in yourself can be noticed in your career too!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

well to certain extent..BUT do you think ..you would tolerate a smelly doctor..or an very ugly boSS??
..features or complexion is made by God ..we jus need to reconstruct..and make ourself presentable!
..A fair complexion but shabby looking person ..may not be accepted in general..it creates bad personality.
Grooming is MUST.

The Beautifier said...

Very well said, Harman!There is a saying - No gain without pain! hehe:)

Thinking said...

hmmm...I love the post and song too....

Yeah...sigh....

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@shabby...thanks..
We can see a difference..in public among good and ugly..
But a well groomed guy/girl is always appreciated!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@sh@s..thanks..
glad you like it!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A..
lolz..Good job!
I am glad ..to see men taking all that pain!
when I see my hubby who is very conscious about his looks and dressing sense...I always wondered do all men do that?
I am glad ..I found someone ..who is conscious.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@haddock..
thanks!
For those who don't shave..I would say the trimming ..or maintenance is MUST.
..
To us ..we prefer men and women to be in obedience ..as far looks are concerned..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking..
thanks..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@beautifier..
thanks..
you are so well maintained..hats off..for so much coordinated looks..

Gaurav said...

wow nice tips there. I will try to follow them.

btw I keep myself fit by going to the gym regularly (just started though ;) )