Thursday, August 25, 2011

friends forever.

.... do we really have time to meet our friends ..taking a vacation and pain to move out of the country to meet a classmate after years??
..can we really take out some precious time from busy schedule and spend some good money meeting our long lost friends ...found on face-book?
 ..My hubby who has found many of his friends around the globe...and try getting their numbers n keeping in touch with them through mails or texts or whatever possible... BUT I am surprised by the dedication of these friends who take time to meet-each other at every corner of the world...spending time and money both...
..if you read my MAYHEM blog .. ..his long lost friend from Australia came to meet him...he met his friends in Canada..and then my hubby  went to Canada ..to pick him up from the border.. they had good time over the weekend..
Then came a friend from India..found on facebook- ...who made a special trip to US and Canada to meet all classmates and they had some good time talking about their past .... and then he met some female friends on facebook ...they are classmates and some of them by chance are in Michigan..we met them at a party.(they all have done engineering together)...
Last weekend I was getting ready in the morning to meet a business client ..when I heard my land line ringing again and again.... I saw the caller ID its was from Edmonton Canada..
I didn't have time to pick the call I was getting late...maybe its some telemarketing people( sucks!!)...But then I saw some body was trying very hard to reach the number...I picked..I heard a Canadian Accent ...And said"yaa ..where are you calling from?" he said.."Actually I from Edmonton  and came to US ...I am in Michigan to meet my friend...My name is JaZ..we wanted to come to your place this weekend..."
I was actually taken aback... as this Jaz (long lost friend)was jus shown to me a week before on facebook  (that was pretty quick)my hubby saying "he was the cutest boy in our school ...he is born n raised in Canada "I asked my hubby ...how do you recognise them...faces change..."He said...his smile is Same..see,,showing me the picture ..lolz..I looked at him...I mean hats off to this friendship..."
I told my hubby... Jaz is here!!..(my hubby was sleeping till 11am)it was weekend...
he jumped from bed ...I was surprised at the alertness and dedication towards friends... He immediately picked his cell and told him ,he is waiting for him...and started giving him directions... 
I looked at them when they met ... most of them when they meet they get emotional ...wiping off the tears...(kaash hamaare bhi aisee dost hoteh...I wish I had that kind of friends)
laughing... talking..eating..punching ..pulling each others leg... talking about their past crushes.... We as wives are silent spectators and smile at each other...looking at them
...When it comes to us ..as females..its hard to find our school or college friends as last names tend to change after marriage for females and then WE have family, kids and patidev(hubby) whom we have to abide to certain extent their whims n fancies not to be forgotten..not jus ..go for vacations to meet long lost friends..
But still I would say this is the true example of friendship!

31 comments:

Amrit said...

My wife took us to Mumbai last year to meet her old friends. We don't have any relatives in Mumbai.

Recently one of my friend came from Oz to see me.

Some friends are worth meeting over and over again.........

Uma said...

spending time with good friends is always relaxing.. reminiscing good old college days..

Anonymous said...

might be good for non introvert ppls

The Classic Honeymooners said...

what a lovely post....kaash hanare bhi aise friends hote :) lolzzz

Rachna said...

Yes, meeting up and reunions with old friends is truly wonderful. I do try my level best to meet up with my old friends and also to know what is going on their lives.

Mishilicious Mishi said...

this read made me sad really..I miss all my friends and I cant get in touch with them for the same reason..most of them are married..with kids and family..I tried to maintain the contact in the beginning but that dint work..i guess it takes two to clap! *sigh* men are great with friends ..better friends then we women are to each other..but I think all it takes a little dedication to stay connected with your Friends..I mean the feeling is truly awesome when you see your childhood friend after years and discover she is married with cute kids and handsome hubby...but then again for women it takes a lot of hard work to maintain that contact ...they have lot to do..tho its nt an excuse to avoid friends ...Gosh I dont know what I want to say exctly! lol hope you got it Harman:-)

Irfanuddin said...

At least for this i love FACEBOOK, it just made possible to find our long lost frnds back in our life, which was not so easy otherwise....

Lovely Post....:))

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

One should be very lucky to have such good friends..

Thinking said...

hmm....intresting...

Thinking said...

Dear Harman...this is not to post on your blog.

I am making my blog restricted to READERS only...please let me know your email ID so that I can include you in that list too...ofcourse it is only if you want to read me anymore...

I will explain you later what is going on...

My email add: live-life-you@live.com

Thanks !

Anonymous said...

wow simply loved ur post... Coz i also do the same... find my friends from school or college on facebook.. and try to catch up with them... Its awesomemost feeling to meet your long lost friend and have a chat about past crushes,past hangout places,teachers etc etc....

Renu said...

I too wish...kaash hanare bhi aise friends hote :}

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A..its good meeting old friends..
Usually men have less patience to move around and be friends..
..Ya..some friends are worth meeting again n again...
But its really difficult to keep in touch ..specially for females..Work kids n home ...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@UMA..yaa..
very true..and specially when you are class mates.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ady in life of india..
Sure..But my hubby is very introvert.its jus when it comes to his friends he gets emotional.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@shadow of life..
ya..lolz..
kaash hoteh aise friends,,those who cud remember us so well and would come to meet us at our place.
how r you ?no blogs lately?? bsy bee :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@rachna...very true..I also try..but meeting personally would be a dream...
Also a fact I am frm india,.and I hardly visit india which makes it darn difficult.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Mishi..so very cute..all your comments are DIL SE...
I know..its reciprocal...Some friends are jus too good..but then too we =need to show some affection to be in touch..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@irfan...lolz..yaa..facebook has lot of flaws..
I agree..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@kanthi..yes..Very true...
to have good n genuine friends are very rare.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@rolling stone..
thanks..Iagree...
its such good memories to be cherished with oll frenzy.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@renu..Kaash..hoteh..aisee dost!
:)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking..thanks!

Haddock said...

Hey this is something I always wanted to do (and do at times)
Its nothing like meeting long lost friends. I am still trying to locate some of my school friends.
Recently I unearthed a friend of mine who is settled in Australia.
Guess how? Through his son whom I identified on Face Book !!!

Dr Varsha Singh said...

lovely post...

Kunwar Kusumesh said...

Facebook is truly providing a facility to find out the lost friends.But,it must be used for the constructive purposes only.

Gaurav said...

It feels really nice to meet old friends and talk about the past.

Maybe I'll experience that after passing out from college.

I miss my school friends a lot. We haven't me since a long time now. Need to plan now ;)

Kavita Saharia said...

Many of my friends have come to meet me here and i too have planned such visits .Friends associate mostly with good memories hence are always pleasure to meet up with.Can you believe this one of my Hawaiian blogger friend is coming to India on 2013 just to meet me :)

Shabby said...

While it is nice for friends to meet and go out of their way and out of the country to meet old friends, there comes a point when it become too much! And i think in your case, it is a little too much.I wonder how the men would feel if their wives met with friends near and far and spoke of old crushes and had male or female friends calling so early in the morning and on such short notice! Anyway its nice to meet old friends but there is a limit!
www.cocoandolivebeauty.com

SM said...

friend in need is indeed

Soumyadeep said...

nice post....in this busy life...we hardly get tym to meet frnds....

http://ideas-forum.blogspot.com