Friday, August 5, 2011

xoxo!

Memories make us laugh at times....the good ones are like treasure for life....
XOXO makes me laugh at an incident hard to forget...Down the memory lane I was not married but there were few proposals and I had interest in the guy I got married later...so I was keen and very much inclined to go ahead for this proposal..
I met him at our place when he came to see me:) ,had a small conversation and they left ...My parents knew about my inclination but they were still not sure as US is different from India ,very far and they had no inclination  towards US
...but I was very much sure about this... and spending rest of my life with him happily.
He called one morning and said he wanted to take me out as he had to talk and spend some time with me...(Indian parents will not allow official dating unless wedding is on the cards)
Anyways ,after some arguments my parents agreed and we went for an official date:) I was curious to know what he wanted to say ...as I didn't know him properly , jus seen his pictures...
He came to my place ,everyone greeted him with a plastic smile as they would never approve dating like this but had no other say...it was 11 am and we went...
   He was driving and I looked at him...before I could say anything he told me we are going to a restaurant....name so and so...

putting up the music ,the first song I heard in his car,,,I smiled ,when I heard these lyrics(above) ...and this restaurant was between the woods ..I never knew about this place ...since we both come from the same town...
We took the corner table as the whole place was vacant .....The waiter asked about the order....we placed an order and I asked him "what did you want to say"?..he was smiling ..probably nothing to say...I thought ...so I didn't ask again ..
I took a paper napkin and asked him "do you know to play this game xoxo"?? he said" yes"...and we started this game .....I won the first game and rejoiced ..at my  small victory..he kept smiling looking at me ..then again I won the second game and so on and so forth ...he didn't say a word and kept smiling ;) looking at me ...then the waiter came ...he had ordered for vegetable club sandwich with coffee and I ordered a  cottage cheese parantha with bowl of yogurt and glass of lassi ...(buttermilk)...( I am punjabi kudi(girl) ) ..
when we left the place I noticed the paper napkin on which we played he folded it neatly and put that in his wallet.
We left the place ...on our way back ..he said..."I hope you have no problems in moving to US and adapting the lifestyle and doing this on your own free-will ...not under any pressure ...."
I was kinda surprised ..and said "its my decision and my free-will"
Now the XOXO part....for which I wrote this post...
That was probably last time I won those games and never again .... he told me later as he did it intentionally and lost all the games to see me jumping and smiling ....
...I mean guys are so smart they know which button has to be pushed exactly at what time to impress the girls..later he told me the trick to the game when there are ninety-nine percent chances of wining as he had played in school all the time.
.....
Today if any-time I play the same game with him I remember the first time playing with him...

~Memory is a way of holding onto people you love, those gifted moments with your dear ones ,the best part of your life ,memories you never want to lose.~

~ Some memories are realities, and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again. ~

23 comments:

Asma Khan said...

Memories come and go through mind, sometimes make us happy other times make us sad... :/

Renu said...

such sweet memories are very precious and are treasured forever.

Mishilicious Mishi said...

awwww the song is so romantic and sweet and xoxo part was funny and romantic too...you know I had this in my mind that he was losing the games as you mentioned he kept smiling the whole time...the story was so cute so you two were married and lived happily after..mashALLAH mshALLAH....stay happy hamesha! *hugs*

Bikram said...

Awwwwwwwwwww blessss :)

clever man.. let the lady win :)

beautiful memory harman ..
god bless you and family .. take care

Bikram's

Amrit said...

Losing a battle a way to win the heart :)))) He knew exactly what to do .........haha :)))

Anonymous said...

How sweet and SOOOOOOO very romantic!!!!

Writing Buddha said...

Waah.. Subhan Allah. isko bolte hain blog post.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@asma khan....thanks...
Memories are always what we cherish after yrs!

Rachna said...

Such sweet memories, how one cherishes those :).

Rama Ananth said...

Lovely story about your man, I really enjoyed it.These old Hindi songs are so good.
I had started writing about how I met my husband, and i had stopped in the middle, must complete it. Life is full of memories, and so full of ups and downs, but somehow we learn to cross the bridge when the time comes. It is interesting.

Thinking said...

hmmm....

Shabby said...

memories are treasure thoughts!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@renu..
very true!...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@mishi..
thanks! he is still very quite after yrs
:)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bikram...yes!
its then victory forever...lolz

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@A..may be!
it was right decision!But otherwise also I was very much head over heels!
:)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@thinking..
hmmmm ,,,thanks!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@shabby...yes,,very true!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@renu...thanks..
lolz..songs are best way to reciprocate your feelings!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@nilu...thanks!

The Beautifier said...

aweee thanks for sharing such precious beautiful memories of yours, Harman :)
May your life be always filled with sweet memories like this, God bless you and family xoxo :))

The Classic Honeymooners said...

hahahaha..guyz are all the same, clever ;) they knw how to hear a yes from a girl. cute post :)

A.G.Krishnan said...

Lovely........indeed !