Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rumalees...(restaurant)

Rumalee is a new mughlai restaurant in town ,few days back one of our clients ..came to my office to get some business from us,he mentioned this Restaurant and said" Food is too good"..he was our pakistani client so urdu was impressive..His style of talking made me smile all the time,gesture of greeting with a hand on his heart and bowing his head ..was something impressive ..He spent almost two hrs in my office talking about the culture and then coming to indian food...he is an editor in urdu times USA..and wanted to make some money though advertisement...
...In the end he said.."Mohtrama app zaroor jiye ,bahut unda pakwan hai unke"(mam you must go,the dishes are too good)I smiled..and said SURE.
I called the restaurant and reserved a table ..as it was mothers day...Outside the restaurant people were waiting...I went inside and asked for table we reserved ,the lady took us to the table...Man this is a fish market...no ambience,crowded with noise level like an amusement park..I looked at my hubby..he smiled and said its ok...take it easy!
It was a buffet with sixteen dishes ..and different desserts...I went to the table and saw most of the bowls were empty or left overs...I asked the waitress ,a blond girl standing next to me..Can you refill this? she looked at me as if she is lost in the fair....without answering she left, Disgusting!!..I went back to the table and waited for food to come inn...The food was good, tasted good but management was poor... some kids dropped water in the corner and there was a pond I could see..nobody bothered to clean it up... the manager and his team were lost...
At last I went to get some dessert...but all the bowls were empty...I came back looked outside the window ...there were people waiting..I thought waiting for what? there is no food inside..
I told my husband ..what BS is this?I want to talk to the manager...holding my hand he said..we wont come here again... so no need to say anything ..But we are paying for this food...I said...he said "NO"next time we will go only to Mac Donald's n no other place.. (as he smiled)...(he is very kind hearted person)and I don't take craps,this kind of treatment where people are waiting for food..I went to the buffet table ..I saw they immediately opened Haldiram's tins of dessert(gulab jamun) and served in the buffet...
..After paying the bill I went to the manager..with my mom (mother-in -law)and rest were in the parking lot waiting....
I talked to the manager..he was keeping his pitch low as other customers were watching him and said ..this wasn't anticipated ...and we are trying our best... and during weekdays its neat and clean and service is good too...please come again..( I thought you must be kidding!!)and for anything good we always have to pay the price..I said "SURE"...I will make improvements....I know its chaos here ..but I cannot refuse people...(I thought you cannot refuse Dollars) its our hospitality( I thought no,its your mentality)....Nyways I left and came outside...
Mom n me smiling at each other ..for what manager said...
As I opened the car ..my hubby looked at me..so you had your word with manager? yes, I said ..gave him my peace of mind.......
smilingly he said ......hope you will be able to sleep better tonight :p

8 comments:

Uma said...

reading your review I would never go to that restaurant..

BK Chowla, said...

I am personally not in favour of Buffet.

SathyaSridhar said...

We shouldn't go to this kind of restaurants, while having food the place should be very calm n neat.

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

WEll HArman.. now you did a mistake.. Remember your article on towels .. who was there YAYYY a BLONDE .. so first sign if you saw her you should have walked away ... he he

And trust me i like this attitude of ASKING the manager, I do that too and yeah your hubby is too nice.. You pay for what you want simple logic..

Hope you have a better dinner out next time and also .. LEt us know where so in case the likes of me visit usa we can enjoy tooo :)

shahana said...

Thats agrt review.I really appreciate your attitude of talking with the manager...

Anonymous said...

Gr8,I enjoyed every word. AWM ,good no wonder why I like reading your blogs since08..
Very SweeT :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@UMA..u shld never go...even though the food is good!!

@Bk chowla..I agree with you..Sir..Buffet its all BS..as crowd is cheap too..I am not in favor of that too...

@SatyaSridhar.....yup..I agree...I believe in Ambience with food.. some style and class..!!

@Bikram...Ha haa haa. looking at the blond I remember the towels too...
Seriously..I never found any Indian restaurant here with that kinda class...Toronto has few of those...
but the rest is crap...Our people have a cleanliness problem..I think I will get that style in India only..

Shahana..thanks ..yup..its a genuine review...Ya.. I will always put my foot down on anything I don't like..but men they r different at times...

Anonymous...:)

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Barbiques look delicious. You have a great blog.
http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/