Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Punjabi Culture and songs..

















"Seeing is believing"

Sitting in front of television and coming to some channel...where the opening song was ;a girl dancing on the swimming pool with her two piece swim suit ..with whole bunch of other freakin people..I thought its an American channel and girl appeared to me as an Angelina Jolie..I called my husband to see Angelina jolie dancing ..he laughed and looked at me sayin.."are you serious"its some Punjabi Kudi(gurl).. he corrected me as pointing out,as Punjabi music came later...
Seems like culture is ripped in bits and pieces,girls have put their bodies on stake for money and to me it appears sensor board is sleeping.Singers of all kinds are there in Punjabi industry ..legendary singers are missing...
We were always lured by west,but I think culturally we are very rich ,where we still believe in staying with our parents and keeping them with us,or believe in arranged marriages or respecting our elders by touching their feet... we don't have to over expose or go naked to be a part of any so called hi fi society...Punjabi songs are goin berserk...I thinks youth is more inclined to media and every other girl wants to be an actress ...for which they are exploited....but ultimately where do we stand???
It hurts to see this,but then why should we complain when we see our youth being unemployed and children copying the western culture..or gurls behaving like sluts on net.....
If ever we wanna copy west, it should be the efficient working system without bribes or keeping the city neat and clean or goin by rules and laws of the country where every penny goes to government as Tax...or the super medical system where a patient is saved in seconds through emergency ,or where education to everyone is free ..up to high school .....
Punjab has always been known as a rich state with culture..where the whole country wears Punjabi "salwaar kameez" as a national dress and people love Punjabi food and every person dances on Punjabi songs ...then I think ..these kinda songs are not expected...from punjabi society..


3 comments:

zeenusingh said...

..to good ,to good ,to good.... beyond words very well written!!!

Anonymous said...

i read ur blogs.................n really i feel so happy tht i hv such a wonderfull person as my frnd..........................ur blogs very well written....u knw i copied the things as written about guys before n after marriage..........i sendtht as email to my wife...........we laughed a lot..................also ur thoughts r very noble..............especially u hv written very well abt our punjabi culture...............I will just say well done...........................god bless u...................say my hi to ur hubby .......Waheguru thonu hor wadiya likhan da Bal bkhshn

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Zeenu..thanks ..I always look forward for your lovely comments..

@Anonymous...thanks ...