Monday, April 18, 2011

Mindset!

....it takes a lot for honesty I guess ....or maybe environment plays an important role too...
I am surprised by the mind set and how people dont hesitate ...to make money by illegal means...
this is not the first time though ..I came across an exporter (india)..(usually suppliers) .
...I was talking over the phone about the products and references if he could give any before giving him any contract...
....We usually ...see the websites and check details of these unknown people before signing any contract...or making a deal...
he gave me his website address and details ....I Went through the website ..he was over the phone I checked the prices,this website was through weebly which is free of cost ......he said being a manufacturer ...its jus a sample to our overseas clients .....
I asked him his mode of payment ....he said he has a/c in US bank ....I was little surprised ....he doesn't have a SSN..how is it possible....??
anyways something was wrong ...somewhere I asked about the receipts of payments after delivery of products ...he said "we don't provide receipts to anyone ...as we don't pay taxes, nobody payes here otherwise what will we earn??
I said "I need receipts and proper documents to file taxes  "he said "Madam why do you pay taxes there? "save and earn more"I said it a corporation ".....we have to show IRS...and taxes are MUST...no ifs and buts in that!
He said "I can send you shipments in form of samples "not for commercial purposes"and you can avoid taxes and make money"I said okay...So how many times will you send this as samples"(I wanted to see what length they go and use illegal means)he said "I have my people on airport and agents they help me in customs we are regular suppliers and we send as samples only not for commercial purpose! 
  he was trying to convince me it happens and very common site to avoid taxes!you will never get a query from IRS
..I told him"Well I don't want to go ahead and thanks for calling"
...what a mindset...?? Man if country people think like that ..what will Anna Hazare do alone...corruption is deep down ...its in the roots ...spread all the way to apex...
I mean honesty should be within and as motivation to build the country to bring out the best of abilities and pay the country their dues for the business they are doing ....
this is not the first time I heard from indian exporters dealing it indian designer dresses or costume jewelry..,most of them do this unless they have their head offices in new york or chicago...they try every means to get a top dollar for their products but pay no taxes to the country...(seems like ....I don't care Attitude)make themselves rich to richer ...and least bothered whats goin on the other side!
its weird!
nothing can be done until and unless this kind of mind set is there!!
its a shame!

8 comments:

Thinking said...

hmm...you can't change the people...but yes...to bring the change WE first of all have to change ourself....

Good article.

Maya said...

if they want to collect taxes they better devise better ways..

A.G.Krishnan said...

You should have recorded whole conversation and passed on to proper authorities for necessary action.

I don't say all but most of the Indian exporters are cunning, they need to be taught a lesson.

Jai Shri Krishna

The Beautifier said...

Very true, corruption has eaten up everyone from deep down to the very top, its such a shame and puts me off big time....

Jack said...

Harman,

I wish I could lay my hands on this person. Not that I will report on him but give him a good piece of mind with all needed adjectives. This is the kind of people who are ruining our country not only financially but reputationwise too.

Take care

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

if i start to write my experience it will be more than one post here ...

True what you say basically the citizens living there are not interested in a change, yes they will take the change if someone else works for it .. then they will take it but they thenselves wont or do anything ...

hence the reasons we are where we are now ...

Bikram's

Uma said...

very true Harman.. Alone Anna Hazare cant change India..
Hopefully some day the number of law abiding citizens will outgrow such corrupt people..

SANDEEP PANWAR said...

जाट देवता की राम-राम,
मैं भी उमा जी ही बात दोहराना चाहता हूँ।
अकेला चना भाड फ़ोड सकता है, चने में इच्छाशक्ति होनी चाहिए?