Thursday, December 23, 2010

"The White Mercedes Benz"

 
..every morning I park my car....outside my office..and right next to me is the "White Mercedes Benz"...Nice and shiny in its full grandeur....there may be many other luxury cars in the parking lot but I never noticed since this is right next to me so it got my attention..I wondered who brings it over here and takes it home in the evening ...seems like nine to five job....
these cars are known as status symbols...owned by executives or CEO or rich people who can afford it...as pre-conceived notions..
one day I happened to see the owner..of this car...I jumped from seat and came near the window leaving all work on my desk ..to see ....not missing a chance I thought..my office phone was ringing but I thought, forget the work!!..I have to check this out first who is this? as we share the common space..I could see a lady walking towards the car, the face was not visible ....as she turned around to sit on the drivers seat.."Oh my God".. I cant believe this!!...she is a waitress in the restaurant two doors down...where I grab my coffee in the evening...
to make sure I went to the restaurant ...the very next day...yep!!..she was the same person standing and taking orders from people at every table...
she came to me.."Hi Hun"... how can I help you?I said" jus a regular coffee"..I looked at her ..and said "your ring is nice"she said "my hubby gave it to me on my twenty fifth anniversary" now my daughter is getting married...she introduced her daughter to me ..who is also a waitress there....I smiled at mother daughter "Combo"and came out ...
given a thought..the whole notion of status has changed in US..every other person owns these so called luxury cars..one cannot guess who is the owner of the car....
Usually the waitress and bartenders make lot of money,as food is free and tips are good to help the house running..these are odd jobs but if we see an average person in US he or she enjoys the same quality of life as any other citizen!
Bragging for Benz or BMW..Guys... you never know who else owns them...it can be a waitress or bartender!!its is no longer a monopoly ..of revered top executives or industrialists or any other rich person!!
Bravo!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for her!! That is exactly why these countries are known as "The Dream Nations"... you dream it... you work for it... YOU get it!! doesn't matter what your background is... what your income is... easy Installments for 84 months and the car's yours!! Now, who is to know if the car is under finance/lease or a cash purchase... and these luxury products are now being offered at an affordable rate to attract more population into buying these high ticket items to keep the economy going!!

Furthermore, this also shows you can achieve anything that you want as long as you work hard for it... and have a good financial advisor to guide you through declaring bankruptcy in the end!! ;=) (I have seen a lot of people doing that here in Canada lately and then using those funds to buy luxurious items that they couldn't buy otherwise!!)

- Great Post!!

AS said...

Human expertise cost is high in US, what ever the work is. Equality of work w.r.t money earned.

A.G.Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thinking said...

hmm....it is good to know that even bartenders have the ability to purchase some luxury.

But this should be the way of the world...the most hard worker should have the most luxuries.

But it is always vice versa....

We see labourer spending their life under the same small roof through out their life and industrialists change their houses every often.

hmm...its not a very good world to live in...I guess....

Bikram said...

Harman I hate Merc every indian in UK has a a merc.. its a indian thing here now :)

I would never buy one ...

and these cars are not that expensive anymore ...

Uma said...

well narrated!..

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@stranger!
What kind of indian you are dear? so much malice you have....one side your blog is preaching Bhagwat Gita and its meanings of life ..putting Krishna's picture instead of yours with this attitude?ufff...other side you are blogging and making fun of Indian politicians and corruption..then for no reason your jumping on conclusions without any analysis...
I am proud to be Indian and values our parents has given to us...But dear..Read my Blog "DESI"s I think you have never been to US ..that you r saying all this!!
As Indian we should accept the flaws and try to improve ourself rather getting into Malice and showing hipocrisy...
Save Save And save....look like a beggar in-front of International community?what do you wanna say?...we are not bunch of idiots living here..everbody knows where he or she has to invest money..and it can be Indian ,American or any other nationality...
be liberal Dear..life is on international platform when you interact with every nationality and get into business...life is very simple at home..among own people and family ..worth of every person is seen when you have to compete on basis of your experience and exposure...its crystal clear then ...what our worth is!!
Chill

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@Bikram...Yes..In US..also many indians own BMW or Benz..we have friends who own themmm I like BMW..thou :) may be 2011 hubby will gift me...lets see..he promised
:)

A.G.Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Writing Buddha said...

Mam... dont take tension.. one day buy a luxurious truck and park just next to that car. hahaha. everyone will wait to watch you the owner of that luxurious truck.

dr.antony said...

I think the whole issue is the attitude.One can spend the whole earnings on car or wine or women or what not.Our traditions and values do not allow us to throw the whole life's earnings in to a car or some other luxury.When you plan for the future,it needs proper budgeting.

A.G.Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hamaarethoughts.com said...

@DR Anthothy..SIR I disagree..its not the matter...of putting hard earned earnings..its how much you can afford....and earn..its capitalist economy..SIR..they know how to sell it to a customer..its on lease or purchase with easy payment plans..and sometimes no interest!
We as Indians have lot of Mental blocks..like its too expensive..My hubby has a VAN ....in same money he could have brought BMW or even Mercedes..
US economy has given choice to everyone rich or medicore...anything you wanna buy..as per your range its available..you have to Germany aNd I believe US too...the quality of every citizen is same..
you cannot recognize..what a person is "RAJA RANK ek Brabar"
no discrimination in Caste or religion...!!

@stranger..I disagree...and putting my car in front of others or blocking the way or road rage..DUDE that you can do..I have a different family values and respect for others,,people create problems for others if thoughts are like you..I project my self the way I am...nothing fake..I dont believe for TIT..for tat..
thanks

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@blogger Girl..Yes I agree..these fundamentals one can understand if you live in these countries otherwise back home myths are many...
thanks..

@As..yes..I agree..I had a carpenter at home once to fix our kitchen cabinets,,he parked outside my house brand new "impala"..its good to see people enjoying same quality of life!

@thinking..yes same quality of life for everyone..irrespective of the nature of work ...so on and so forth!

@UMA thanks...dear!

@Abhilash,..lol your so funny..Luxurious truck...ego is not an issue to me..I jus wanted to show here that quality of life should be same for everyone...that should be that simple!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

To each, his own:-) What I love abt this country is if you work hard, you get the rewards. There is a basic honesty and good work ethics out here.

The Beautifier said...

I agree with your thoughts! Hard work always pays! If one works hard, then one should get to party harder!! xoxo