Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Indian traditions..!!!


..an Indian female is always infused with traditions right from birth...small things like walking, talking or body language is always directed ..its part of the culture...I always thought why so many limitations are there for girls as compared to boys.. I had two brothers and they comparatively got more freedom then me ..to which I thought it was a biased decision of my parents....
Gurls from India have more cultural values then any other gurl in the world ,though it may sound good but then many of them have laid back attitude due to lack of confidence or cultural values which is kinda hindrance..
Referring to an Indian female where mothers play
an important part in grooming their daughters and bringing out best of their skills is also termed as culture..or Indian society..
I remember during weddings or gatherings cousins in the family were like body guards ..restrictions were always ahead... ..before a proper layout ..
Cooking is another skill which I think every mother wants her daughter to learn .....to be a perfect cook to make her score higher then her peers..I always laughed when my mom forced me to cook... and mom being more finicky when I was in an age to get married...

But today whenever ..she is in US with me she is surprised by my cooking skills ...
I think every person learns at its pace and with responsibility...
The term culture refers to a state of intellectual development or manners. The social and political forces that influence the growth of a human being is defined as culture.
“Respect one another” is another lesson that is taught from the books of Indian culture. All people are alike and respecting one another is ones duty. Opening a door or leaving a seat for a elderly person is conside
red as a kind gesture..
"Helpful nature is another striking feature in our Indian culture. Right from our early days of childhood we are taught to help one another in need of help and distress. If not monetary then at least in kind or n
on-monetary ways. Indian culture tells us to multiply and distribute joy and happiness and share sadness and pain. It tells us that by all this we can develop co-operation and better living amongst ourselves and subsequently make this world a better place to live in."
All this might sound good or great ..to me it appears a..Gurl child looses her own identity and childhood amongst all ..its nature..let the child grow and understand before putting responsibilities on her or restricting her every other reason ..Give her a space and little freedom to build her confidence.."Save the gurl child"

5 comments:

zeenusingh said...

nice!!

Bikram said...

You are right, But then if you look at the culture values there are abroad, Its quiet shamful in some cases. I am not advocating the girls in india should be treated the way they are sometimes.

But Somewhere deep i still feel that Values are a must, How they are taught or told is a PROBLEM.. The Forcing is wrong, Education is a must and I am postive All educated girls know what is wrong or right..

But you article is excellent, fond memories come flooding back, me and cousins in weddings having fun mmmmmmmmm good old days ...

Dharmjit said...

yeah,india is high on its moral values like u said.but these days these values are also in danger as no one has time for others,or people bacame dishonest.but then also our country is far ahead of western countries
i agree with u that girls grow up in certain restriction in india.but dont u think that these are for good will of them but i dont want to argue u as you are a women and know better than us

Kalyan Karmakar said...

An interesting post Harman. I guess there are too many manifestations to culture. Friendly to one, could be 'interfering' to another. Chivalry to one, could be 'retrogade' to another.

On the surface Mumbai seems reasonably liberal with some equality of sexes. Possibly due to the high amount of working women.

Question is whether this is usperficial or deep rooted

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yes..I agree to all of u...but the issue ..here is the girl child ..I am not talkin of mordern indian liberated women..we r still in that era..where gurls r killed in wombs or for dowry or not allowed to study...or forced to arranged marriages or wife abused by husband still with indian traditions she has to treat him like God..the so called traditions or restrictions weekens the personality of a kid...
I have lived in metros(india) most of my life..
Talking of Mumbai...where most of the women is allowed to work..but then she will get her salary from husband only...or maid of any house ..go and ask.. is abused everyday by men.. because its deep rooted in them from birth that she has to make everyone happy and that ..HUSBANDS R GOD!!..equal gender..and equal opportunity is only written on dotted lines but its male dominated indian Society...
I not offending anybody here..Coz I have seen some cases and handled them personally by takin legal help for my friends.. whether its India or USA.. but its an indian female..who is the sufferer...