Thursday, December 3, 2009

the other end of the line!!!!(call center)

..I picked up the call at home in US ..the other end of the line was India... Call center.. he sounded like one of my relatives ..so I tried to figure out who exactly this guy is in our family.... after a pause he said ...mam ..I am from tele.communications .... I politely refused to buy or make any deal with calling card services,but seems like this guy was adamant in selling his services... I hung upon him..but in a minute I got a call again from call center ...I was very angry ...

Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy...but I gave him my peace of mind...
-

Let’s get one thing very straight....The vast majority of people we meet are nice, caring and considerate. They go out of their way to be polite, they help if they can and they truly care about the well-being of people around them.

Yes, there are inconsiderate, annoying jerks out there sure, but they are a minority. They may seem like they’re everywhere (just read Bob Sutton’s excellent book The No Asshole Rule for some great examples), but that’s only because we tend to let annoying people take up more mind space, making them more visible than their numbers warrant.

Talkin of telemarketing ..they are so annoyin they can bug you any time or any moment..I get lot of calls from these people ..even after putting up a blocker.. still they manage to come..

We had a death in the family a year back and jus got a call from hospital ..late night..The whole family was in a great shock.... ,I was sitting next to the phone ..its was 11 pm.. A call ,I thought from India.. may be they got the news of this death..so the other end of the line ... was a guy..started talkin to me .... not revealing the real reason of call... then abruptly he asked ..which shows I watch on dish..as he was a dealer and wanted to sell me a package ..I was so furious.. jus banged the phone...

Amid of meetings sometimes there is a call on cell from telemarketing ..I dont understand how these people manage to get cell numbers and trouble people during office hours..

The tone and style of speaking is like someone who knows you from ages and we are meeting after a century ..might sound hilarious but it is basically to keep your interest..intact..so that you don't bang the phone..

Call centers might create jobs or outsourcing has lifted the economy ,but etiquette's and decency lessons should also be given before calling unknown people..


1 comment:

Dharmjit said...

Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy...but I gave him my peace of mind...
what a quote, you are right we dont know how they came to know our cell phones
by the way
the girl in pic is very smart