Tuesday, December 29, 2009

relationship!!

.. marriage anniversary..looking back when I got married ..at the age of twenty three ( this is my picture)and my hubby twenty five... we got committed,though it was arranged marriage ..when monty(hubby) came home .. to see me..as the whole procedure was through common army friends..but my position was very awkward since I was goin to meet him for the first time though I had seen his picture.. AS I entered the room ..I could see a tall guy..6'3 clean shaven sikh boy ..an engineer by profession...with his mom and aunt sitting in our living room....I went quietly and sat beside my mom..I saw his mom and was impressed ..a very sophisticated women wearing saree and kind face ..she made me feel comfortable and asked few questions ....and then before we I could see monty properly.. there was a power cut.. it was dark ..so our maid brought few candles and placed them on center table... so now we had candle light discussions ..then in an hour the whole area lit up.. power was back with a bang...mom told me talk to him ..we did talk for few minutes...but..there was strong eternity perfume all over the place I could smell... I knew he was good..nice decent person.. ..it was positive from both sides but..my mom had little problem as the boy was clean shaven and mom belongs to a conservative Sikh family..so she decided to reply after few days... as she had to take permission from Nanu(moms dad) since this will be first clean shaven boy in the family.... After lot of arguments with family at Amritsar..it was decided to go ahead ..and then ..finally got married.. wedding ......A big occasions ..all eyes focused on us and we, being centre of attraction made me feel so uncomfortable ..but cannot be avoided.... our ultimate goal in marriage -- which was to give each other happiness and not cause pain. It sounds simple enough, but can be very hard in practice. A new family and a new companion with lot of apprehensions ,it takes a while for understanding each other.. but my hubby's patience and temperament made me learn lot of things which I value today.. Initial years of marriage was fun with me talking and he laughing all the time ..but he made me learn many things especially not to loose temper.... We have seen lots of ups and downs in the married life but support of his ..parents Dad and Mom whom I respect and love ..and lived with them all the time made us stronger and a better person in life.. Coming to US with him was totally a different experience but ..we were very fortunate and welcomed by the whole family on the airport and a house set up for us was like a dream come true.. ..spending my life with him again and again would be my choice ..if given .. coming back in human form..a gem of a person who..respects women never raised a voice in so many years,never interferes .or keeps account of anything jus trust ... and love make us live happily ,,,,together....

7 comments:

Bikram said...

three amigos... and yeah ur picture at 23, looks pretty impressive :) he he he he

Congratulations on finding such a decent person, I am sure you both look after each other , well done and God bless...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

yup.n.thanks..

Dharmjit said...

nice family
may god bless u with all the love and happiness

Anonymous said...

an angel..face

Kalyan Karmakar said...

Hey Harman, congrats and wish you many more year of joy and togetherness

hamaarethoughts.com said...

thanks..knife..it pleasure seeing u here..and thanks anonymous...

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Congratulations!

You look so nice, before reading that it was you I was thinking of the picture, so the picture is also well taken :)