Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Indian ...X my heart


...talkin to one of my friends today ..online ..it hit me somewhere when he said... We are indians..(those livin in India)..though he was jus kiddin I knew..but given a thought... ..I think.. everybody is Indian by heart as we follow same traditions or religion living is US..Change of place doesn't change the identity or culture..and we stand high in foreign community as Indian by nationality.. I think living outside India ..in US ,I would say we are better Indians then people livin in India.. Coz..we repect our values.... we are away from our country and the reason we are more attached to our roots.. Goin to gurudwara,following rituals is very common in sikh community here in USA.. helping the country by sending donations or kids learning Punjabi is a very common sight here..In fact In Toronto Sikh community has opened their own school and organizations to help poor communities in India.. Every year.. millions of dollars are sent to charitable institutions by NRIs.. to India .. I think change of place doesn't effect a person but family values ..if they change with place effect more to the society... ..The media shows all...youth of India is lured by western culture..and specially gurls..I am surprised by songs and movies that depict Indian culture ..so where are we???.... I think every person born in India is Indian... no matter.. where in the world we are....we should respect that...
JAI...HIND
(lemme know..ur views..pls.. as we r all Indians, by heart)


5 comments:

Bikram said...

That is so true.. But a word of caution, we think that , those who live abroad, but if you say the same to someone who is still in india they dont think us to be indians. I have had my ears burnt and had a lot of bikram bashing done when i said that..

But I do think we are indians, always everytime, Nice write up...

hamaarethoughts.com said...

ok... ..then this is also part of discrimination towards us from our people..in India..
thanks bikram

Dharmjit said...

hey i dont think its true .even many of my family members are abroad and they never say about this.according to me there are tons of people in india which are fascinated about going abroad.u should not feel guilt the one who said it to you may not knew about the developments made in punjab by nri's

BK Chowla, said...

This is my first visit to your blog site.
Very interesting. Will come back.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

thanks dharmjit ...u made me lighter by sayin this!!!
Thanks SIR..Bk chowla..for visiting my blog!!!