Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Trip..to Canada!!


Recently I was in Toronto for vacation..this was much awaited trip..not only meeting family and friends but wanted to meet a special person......
I am actually totally impressed by meditation and after reading a lot about it and experiencing this ..heard about this women in Toron
to..This women,may be in her late forties, holds meditation classes in Toronto .. A doctorate degree in hand .. from Punjabi university (patiala)India ......with master s degree ,again from Canada and several courses on meditation from Japan..writes columns in newspapers ..recently published a book on meditation and holds several sessions on meditation in different parts of Toronto ...a very well educated women...
I met her after a session ..as I entered the room..I could
see people sittin on the floor with closed eyes, I was with my brother...I greeted her and she came forward , told us to sit next to her.. A very graceful women .. I could see lot of confidence in her personality.
She started her introduction ..and then asked me few questions on meditation ...to which I answered ..Yes I know lot about meditation as I had done this in past..
..She invited me to her house next day..givin an appointment.. to meet her and experience meditating with her..

Next day at 12 pm, Monday..I went to her place.. as I entered the house ,place was like SO pure.. so..divine..I could big picture of Guru Nanakdev ji in the hall ...
after talking to her in office and given my introduction ..she told me to follow her in the meditation room....The room was all white,w
ith a dim light and sounds of OM..that was played all over the place..
She told to relax and close my eyes ..flow all thoughts and outside noises..then concentrate on my breath..it was for half an hour.. but awesome experience ..feeling so light relaxed and calm when I came back to her office..
This type of meditation is based on being mindful, or having an increased awareness and acceptance of living in the present moment. You focus on what you experience during meditation, such as the flow of your breath. You can observe your thoughts and emotions but let them pass without judgement
....
Meditation, considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine, produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind....During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of ....jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process results in enhanced physical and emotional well-being....
I asked her several questions..to which she smiled and answered each of them ..by bro sitting next to me ..who also took an experience of meditation was really convinced ..how it works..

.....In the end I would say..taking out time for our self in busy schedule....is what one should strive for...

2 comments:

Bikram said...

Yeah dfinitely I think in out busy schedule we forget how important it is to think about our body itself.. and What better way to do it then Meditation hmmm .. Nice post

Dharmjit said...

whatever busy a person is, i think one should must give time to his body and soul
it may be in the form of meditation,exercise or any game.