Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Zumba


 
 last night I was at fitness studio for my aerobic class....ZUMBA...
I guess those who exercise know very well what I am talking about...its basically a Latin dance form of cardio , best to prevent any kind of heart disease....its blessing in disguise. For females it focuses on one of the common problem areas — the abdominal core....
Loosing 800 to 1000 calories in an hour...class starts with a warm up, followed by high-energy salsa, meringue-style dancing complete with lunges, clapping, shoulder-shaking and sashaying moves....
Zumba helps to break some monotonous gymming.."I decided to take Zumba fitness class because they utilize fun dance moves to keep you active. I like the fact that hour goes so fast” 
The word Zumba is derived from the Colombian slang word meaning to" buzz like a bee" or move fast.

One of the biggest impediments in any fitness regimen is mustering the discipline to stick with it. When you're dancing, say those who do it, you're too immersed in the movement and the music to watch the clock. ..
..it includes all hip hop songs and one Indian song ,every time I visit...its fun..to hear indian music and as our class has all Spanish crowd and me as an only Indian its fun...they started with the first track of Ricci martin..."livin la vida loca"...followed by .."we will ,we will rock you"..and then all Britney spears songs.....the instructor Marsha is very well versed with tracks and moves.I can see her well toned body....
it was fun with  Punjabi hip hop...Daler mehandi song and workout based on Punjabi folk dance Bhangra...which had all strenuous physical activity to keep up the heart level...
ending with a ballet dancing ,soft moves and then coming to a complete stop with  folding hands...
...its fun...try it!!
happy gymming :p

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy gymming:D

Shady West Side said...

Even I have heard a lot about it...maybe will think about it but I will need a partner wonder where I will get one

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thanks for sharing, Zumba is new thing to me. :)

Shari said...

Haay ............. i need to do Zumba. I am bored liked hell from gym exercises.

Uma said...

havent heard of zumba.. must be fun..

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

Oh my you do that too.. is there anything you dont do ..

I tried my had once in those aerobics class and beleive me people had a goot laughter at my expense so i gave up :)


Bikram's

GardenLane said...

That sounds so much fun. Which health club you go to, just a name please. I am planning to go to the Gym on regular basis, to loose my baby fat. I still look little pregnant. Do you have a personal trainer or not? Does that help?

Amrit said...

Awesome.

My town just started Bhangra aerobic...no kidding..seriously..I am thinking to check it out this Sunday

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@bikram...HEY..u r so funny!!..why did people laugh at you at aerobics...I am sure you might not be following the steps of instructor,the way he/she dances..
perfection come with practice..and regularity..its very good form of exercise ,helps to lower cholesterol and prevent us from any heart disease..its very helpful in taking out your negative energy or vibes and bringing back some positive and good things in you!!
try it again :)

@Gardenlane..I visit LOA...it has a good size gym plus a seperate studio for aerobics..and different classes..like Pilates,Yoga,BodyFlow,Zumba, and many more...I tried couple of them..Pilates is very difficult for me..yoga needs lots of flexibility which is good..Body flow has weights plus aerobics..very difficult for me!
Zumba is very good in every way its pure fun :)
I had consulted ,personal trainer..long back and then time to time to know how many sets are required and what works best for me!!its has to be in an accurate way to get best results!
Personal trainer,yes you need if you don't know about workout and your trouble areas..get consultation in one or two sittings at least ..to remove baby fat you need to workout more on AB Bench crunches or push ups ..with weights and even hula hoops hwork good for waistline,it has to be regular for good results.
happy gymming!

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@naughtytimepass..happy gymming..

@shahid..Partner..now this is an excuse for exercising!
self motivation is the Best!

@Asma khan..thanks..try it ..its very useful!

@Talha...yaa..gymming gets monotonous..try aerobics,its very helpful and fun at the same time.

@A...its really fun Bhangra aerobics..I had tried my hands on that too..its needs lot of stamina..and some good protein shake!
bst of luck
enjoy!

R said...

that sounds like fun!

Tanvi said...

I tried Zumba but it wasn't hard-core-enough for me :P ... I think till my muscles don't burn out I do not feel I did something. I am dying to get back to my routine!!!

A.G.Krishnan said...

"Zumba" a perfect dance for those having indigestion etc. Our politicians size 200-500-200 need this very badly.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

@ram pyari..thanks...it is fun!

@Tanvii...ok..may be you have good stamina..Cuz I see my instructor ..she is all sweaty and has very toned up body,,,

@Stranger...
yep..tc..

dr.antony said...

When I go for my walk in the evening,I often see new comers,who put up big shows of exercises.But I don't see them at all after few days.

The important thing is to do something regular,which suits your interests and age.